An airport terminal is an area at the airport where passengers can transfer between ground transportations. The terminals are also facilitated the passenger with the number of amenities that allow them to board the plane on time.
Passengers can purchase tickets, transfer their luggage, and go through security within the terminal. But, airports are doing more than ever to cope with an ever-increasing number of passengers like airport up gradation and renovation projects.
So, due to that, there are some of India’s airport’s terminals that are featured with the world’s best terminals. Here is the list of best airport terminals where you can get your next flight easily.
- Terminal 2 – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai)
The Mumbai’s new international airport terminal is featured with its glass façade, golden-colored entryways, and walls covered with ancient and modern Indian architecture feels much more like a luxury hotel.
Its security checks take place before the immigration at T2 but not the after. This enables passengers to place items that fail the security check into their check-in baggage.
- The Terminal 2 is featured with 188 check-in counters, 60 and 70 immigration counters for departing passengers arriving passengers respectively.
- It also has 52 boarding bridges, 10 baggage carousels, and a parking lot for 5,000 cars.
- There is a common lounge for both Business and first-class travelers at T2.
- Free wireless Internet service is available in both domestic and international terminals.
- The parking slots, bathrooms, and wheelchairs are available inside the terminals.
- Terminal 3 – Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi)
The Terminal 3 of Indira Gandhi airport has become India’s and South Asia’s largest aviation hub. It was opened in 2010 that is integrated with the number of features. T3 is the 24th largest building in the world and 8th largest passenger terminal.
- It offers free Wi-Fi connection and ample seating for passengers.
- It also has an adequate number of toilets; relax rooms and lounges.
- Enjoy delicious hot food and beverages and take a refreshing shower.
- Terminal 1 – Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (Hyderabad)
Hyderabad airport was opened in mid-March 2008. It is operated by a private company and handles a thousand numbers of passengers every year.
The airport is excellent with world class facilities like ‘inline’ baggage screening machines, plenty of check-in and immigration counters to prevent delays, and good crowd control.
- Special assistance is available for babies, mothers, senior citizens, unaccompanied minors, blind, and deaf people.
- Business and Plaza premium lounges are available for the passengers.
- Guest service, showers and massage services are available.
- The terminal is also featured with self-service buffet counters, drinks Bar, and Wi-Fi connection.
- Terminal 1A – Kempegowda International Airport (Bangalore)
The name was changed to Kempegowda International Airport with the opening of a new terminal, T1A. The terminal is featured has a number of facilities; interiors and exteriors mirror Karnataka’s rich culture, and vibrant colors of the Garden City.
- T1A has check-in counters, immigration counters, and baggage reclaim the area for passengers.
- Plaza Premium Lounge has opened at the international and domestic departures terminals.
- A wide selection of food and beverage, seating, showers, business center facilities and spa and massage services are available at the terminal.
- Terminal 2 – Madras International Airport (Chennai)
The Madras International airport is the third busiest in India in terms of both international and overall passenger traffic. It has many duty-free shops and restaurants in its lobby for passengers.
- Travel Club lounges are available at both international and domestic terminals.
- Free Wi-Fi is available for 45 minutes at the Chennai Airport.
- Showers are available in the “Retiring Rooms”.
- Food and beverages services are also available.