For pure comfort on board the flight, I strongly recommend that you fly to India with Emirates, British Airways or Singapore as they are the best airlines to fly to India from the USA. However, those flying from the West Coast should choose Singapore.
Please be sure to wear a mask on flights and maintain social distancing due to coronavirus.
Although there are quite a few factors that decide the overall comfort of an airline, for me, domestic transfers and delayed layovers can really spoil the whole experience. But in all honesty some other points to consider are:
- Where in the US you are flying from
- Where in India you are going
- What time you plan on landing in India
Here We Are Discussing The 5 Best Airlines To Fly To INDIA From US:
Here are some of my favorite airlines:
1. AIR INDIA:
Talking about the best airline to fly to India, Air India is counted as the main carrier in that list. Being one of the largest airlines of India and a member of Star Alliance, it flies to around 60 domestic destinations and more than 30 international destinations in 19 countries, which includes Asia, North America, Europe & more.
Air India Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: Must be in limit: Height x Length x Width = (55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm)
- Checked baggage: Maximum weight Limit for a single piece of baggage is 32 kg
Read More : AIR INDIA Reviews,Baggage Policy & Services
Air India Cancellation Policy:
- You can easily cancel your reservation without penalty and receive a 100% refund if you do so within 24 hours.
- If the payment has been made by credit/debit card, then the amount is credited back to the same credit card account.
Read More : Refund / Cancelations / Rebooking
Air India Infant Policy:
- Children less than the age of 2 years i.e. 24 months can easily fly through any flight of the Air India without their own seat. These children can travel by sitting on an adult’s lap.
- Children up to two years or 24 months need to pay 10% of an adult fare plus the taxes if he or she is sitting on an adult’s lap.
Air India Ranking:
|3/5 stars||3.5/5 stars||6.33/10 stars|
2. UNITED AIRLINES:
The next airline in the category of cheap flights to India from USA is United. Being considered as one of the major airlines of America, it operates more than 5,400 flights on daily basis. The carrier supports domestic and international flights to more than 319 destinations in 54 countries on six continents.
United Airlines Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: Dimensions related to carry-on are 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- Checked baggage: It includes maximum dimensions of 62 inches or 157 centimeters and the maximum weight of 50 pounds or 23 kg.
United Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- You can also make changes to your flights within 24 hours of booking without change fee through Manage Reservations, the app, etc.
- Contact the airlines or talk to an airport representative if you are unable to complete your desired flight changes.
United Airlines Infant Policy:
- A child whose age is less than 2 years is considered as an infant.
- The infant fare in domestic flight is 10% of the adult fare at the time of infant ticketing.
United Airlines Ranking:
|3/5 stars||3/5 stars||7.6/10 stars|
3. DELTA AIRLINES:
Talking about the best airlines to India from US, Delta does hold a spot on that list. It operates more than 5,400 flights on daily basis and supports a network serving 319 destinations in 54 countries.
|1||NEW YORK||Delhi||One stop|
|3||NEW YORK||Bengaluru||One stop|
Delta Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: The carry-on baggage must meet carry on size limits of 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or 56 x 35 x 23 cm.
- Checked baggage: Maximum dimensions of the baggage are 62 inches or 157 centimeters and maximum weight is 50 pounds.
Read More : Delta Airline Reviews, Rating and Fares
Delta Cancellation Policy:
- Passengers can cancel the airline tickets via online, in person or by phone.
- The fares are non-refundable if it has been longer than 24 hours since purchase.
Delta Infant Policy:
- Children aging less than 2 years are considered as infants.
- Charges are 10% of the adult fare at the time of infant ticketing plus the international taxes and surcharges.
|3/5 stars||4/5 stars||7.4/10 stars|
Flights with a Middle Eastern Transit Point:
Airlines: Qatar Airways, Etihad, and Emirates.
Layovers will be based on the nation of the airlines.
The aircrafts on this route are excellent with some of the most modern fleets to offer passengers the best possible experience. Not only do the airlines on this route offer cheap flights to India from USA but also give you true value for money. Emirates has won the award for ‘Best In-flight Entertainment’ for many years.
4. QATAR AIRWAYS:
Qatar Airways is the flag carrier of Qatar which links over 150 international destinations across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, etc. It is counted as one of the best airlines from USA to India.
|1||New York||Amritsar||One stop|
|9||Los Angeles||Trivandrum||One stop|
Qatar Airways Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: You can only carry one piece which should not exceed the total weight of 7 kg.
- Checked baggage: You can carry two pieces of weight 32kg or 70lb and dimension of 158cm.
Read More : Qatar Airways Baggage Weight Limit
Qatar Airways Cancellation Policy:
- You can cancel your reservation within 24 hours without any penalty before the departure of your flight.
- If your flight is canceled or delayed by more than 3 hours, you can request the refund
Qatar Airways Infant Policy:
- Two infants with one adult are allowed: The Second infant should be over 12 months and able to sit on a seat with a seatbelt.
- Children between 2-5 years should be accompanied by an adult over 16 years of age when traveling.
Qatar Airways Ranking:
|5/5 stars||4/5 stars||8.46/10 stars|
5. ETIHAD AIRWAYS:
Etihad Airways is the second-largest airline of the UAE. It operates more than 1,000 flights per week which include the arrivals and departure of passengers in Asia, Africa, Europe, America, etc.
|1||New York||Delhi||One Stop|
|4||Los Angeles||Delhi||One Stop|
Etihad Airways Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: Maximum dimensions are 115 cm (40 cm x 50 cm x 25 cm) with weight 7 kg (economy class).
- Checked baggage: Dimensions are 158cm (50 x 70 x 38cm) with weight 23 kg in economy class.
Etihad Airways Cancellation Policy:
- For refund purpose, you need to check out the Etihad Guest Service Centre up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- A refund fee of 10% of the miles required for the redemption ticket will apply on GuestSeats.
Etihad Airways Infant Policy:
- Children whose age is up to two years, they are not required to have their own seat.
- There is the availability of bassinets also; on first come first serve basis.
Etihad Airways Ranking:
|5/5 stars||3.5/5 stars||8.48/10 stars|
Emirates is a Dubai based airline which operates more than 3,600 flights per week to about 140 cities in 81 countries across six continents.
|2||New York||Mumbai||One Stop|
|5||Fort Lauderdale||Ahmedabad||One Stop|
|9||Los Angeles||Chennai||One Stop|
Emirates Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: Maximum dimensions attached to it are 22 x 15 x 8 inches or 55 x 38 x 20 cm and maximum weight is 15 lbs or 7 kg.
- Checked baggage: Passengers can check 30 kg of baggage free of charge (economy class)
Emirates Cancellation Policy:
- To flights booked on the official website of Emirates to or from the US, you may request a refund within 24 hours of booking without penalty.
- Your refund will be processed within seven days of submitting the ticket refund form.
Emirates Infant Policy:
- Tickets for infants traveling on the parent’s lap or in a bassinet are discounted from the full adult fare.
- Lap children and infant seats are not allowed in Exit Rows.
|4/5 stars||4.5/5 stars||7.82/10 stars|
Flight with Pacific transit (majority of flights from West Coast)
Airlines: Singapore Airlines
Layovers will be based on the nation of the airlines.
Although flights on this route are long but the redeeming factor is their consistency in offering good service and entertainment. Singapore Airlines is without a doubt the best airline in the world, and Thai and Cathay Pacific are not bad either. Transits are great with the only hiccup being in the long stopovers and few hub options for US and Indian passengers flying from the West Coast.
7. SINGAPORE AIRLINES:
Singapore Airlines is the flag carrier of Singapore and one of the best airlines to fly to India. It also supports two subsidiaries i.e. SilkAir (for regional flights to secondary cities) and Scoot (which is a low-cost carrier).
|1||New York||Delhi||Two stop|
|2||San Francisco||Mumbai||One stop|
|4||Los Angeles||Delhi||Two stop|
Singapore Airlines Baggage Policy:
- Carry-on baggage: You can carry up to 7 kg of luggage whose sum of length, width, and height of each piece should not exceed 115 cm (for economy class).
- Checked baggage: You can carry 2 pieces of luggage up to 23kg each (for economy class).
Singapore Airlines Cancellation Policy:
- If you are booking flights to or from the USA, you can cancel your ticket without penalty within 24 hours of your booking.
- In case you are canceling a non-refundable ticket, then only the taxes will be refunded
Singapore Airlines Infant Policy:
- One adult can travel with two infants whose age must be between 7 days to 2 years.
- There is a small bassinet which you can book prior to making payment for your flight.
Singapore Airlines Ranking:
|5/5 stars||4.5/5 stars||8.73/10 stars|
1.> Which is the best airline to fly to India?
- United Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Air India
- Singapore Airlines
2.> Which is the best airline to fly to USA from India?
Ans:- Air India is the best airline to travel from India
3.> Which airlines are flying to India from USA?
Ans:- Air India, Air Canada & United Airlines fly the most frequently from the United States to India.
4.> Are there any direct flights from USA to India?
Ans:- At present, nonstop flights from USA to India are operated on nine routes, including three by United Airlines and five by Air India. Usually, nonstop flights cost a little more than direct flights and connecting flights.
5.> What is the cheapest month to fly to USA?
Ans:- High season is considered to be January, February and December. The cheapest month to fly to the United States is June.