American Airlines Has Added Five New Flights To The Bahamas!
The largest international carrier American Airlines has operated a new service to The Islands of The Bahamas. The airline has added five new flights to the Bahamas with 453 total numbers of seats. It is increasing the number of nonstop and connecting flights from three, major US cities.
At the starting of December 2018, the new flights will offer more nonstop options and enhanced connectivity to the number of islands:
- Nation’s capital city of Nassau
- Grand Bahama Island
- North Eleuthera
These new flights will for those travelers who will depart from Chicago, Miami and Charlotte gateways during the cold winter months.
From Chicago To Nassau (Bahamas):
- The nonstop flights will begin December 22, 2018, between O’Hare International Airport (ORD) in Chicago and Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) in Nassau.
- These flights operated by a B737-800 aircraft.
- The new service will add 160 seats each week from the major Midwest hub.
From Florida To Grand Bahama (Bahamas) :
- The seasonal flights will launch on December 18, 2018, from Miami International Airport (MIA) to Freeport, Grand Bahama (FPO).
- The flights are operated by the E175, which has 76 seats.
- The two-morning departures will transport the Miami travelers to paradise in less than one hour.
- The first flight will depart Miami at 9:02 AM and arrive in Freeport at 9:50 AM.
- The second will depart at 10:32 AM and arrive at 11:20 AM.
- Both weekly flights add 152 seats to Freeport, bringing valuable support to the island.
From North Carolina To Bahamas:
- The airline will also launch year-round service from Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) in North Carolina to two destinations in The Bahamas.
- Saturday service into North Eleuthera Airport (ELH) will begin on December 22, 2018, adding 65 seats on the CRJ aircraft.
- A second Saturday-only service will introduce 76 new seats into Marsh Harbour Airport in Abaco (MHH), operated by the E175 aircraft.
- The weekly flights will bring a total of 141 new seats to The Bahamas.
The Bahamas Minister of Tourism and Aviation Dionisio D’Aguilar is confident that the new flights will help fill the higher inventory of rooms added by new hotel developments throughout the Islands of The Bahamas.
D’Aguilar also added, “The addition of several new flight options from American Airlines has welcomed news for the local tourism industry. As our room inventory increases, we are eager for to meet that demand with more seats bringing travelers to our islands. The benefits will be felt especially during our winter months when tourists from cold areas are looking for a warm, sunny vacation,” said the Minister.