Make Flying With Pets Easy in Different Indian Airlines!
Get familiar with the pet policy of top Indian Airlines and the requirements and conditions attached to it. Know which Indian airline allows which pets in its flights and the weight and size limits of the containers. Being fully aware of the required rules will make flying with pets convenient for the multiple passengers.
AIR INDIA PET POLICY:
Pet Policy on Domestic Flights:
On Air India Domestic flights, passengers are allowed to carry domestic animals like cats, dogs, and birds with them.
All they need is the valid health and Rabies vaccination certificates. These are accepted on all domestic flights in the cabin as well as in cargo hold, depending upon the requirements of the carrier.
Things to follow:
- These must be carried in the kennel of a prescribed size which should not exceed 18” x 18” x 12”.
- The weight of the pet including the container should not exceed 5 kg if these are carried in the cabin.
- Animals of larger size and excessive weight will be carried in the cargo hold.
- Only two pets are allowed per flight plus the passengers holding them need to be seated in the last row of booked cabin class.
- The Guide Dogs are not allowed to occupy a passenger seat.
Pet Policy on International Flights:
On Air India International flights, animals like dogs, cats, household birds, etc. are permitted to board if they have the valid health and vaccination certificates.
These domestic animals will not be included in the Free Baggage Allowance and include an additional charge even if the passenger has no other baggage.
The weight of the pet plus container as also food carried per container will be charged.
Pet Policy for India – USA – India Route:
Talking about the Air India nonstop flights between USA and India route, passengers are not allowed to carry them. The only exception is in regards to the service dogs that are required to assist the blind or deaf.
JET AIRWAYS PET POLICY:
Following are the restrictions attached to the pet policy of Jet Airways:
- The airline accepts birds and rabbits on domestic flights within India.
- Passengers need to book at least 24 hours in advance as accompanied baggage for domestic flights.
- If you are carrying the live animals, then these must be carried in the cargo hold only.
- Maximum of 3 or 5 pet containers are allowed on the Jet Airways flight, depending upon the aircraft.
- Passengers can carry maximum of three pet containers on domestic flights in the aircraft.
- The airline is not liable for any kind of injury or death of the animal.
- Weight Restrictions: Live animals plus the container must weigh up to 32 kg. However, in case the weight exceeds 32 kg, the same will be accepted for carriage as cargo and maybe Jet Airways pet travel cost applied.
- The design and construction of the container must be according to the IATA Live Animal Regulations.
SPICEJET PET POLICY:
The airline carries live animals only in the hold; the carrying of live animals on the passenger cabin is totally restricted.
Animals such as dogs, cats, and others are allowed when properly crated.
Passengers flying with pets need to accompany by the valid health and vaccination certificates, including other documents.
These must be properly carried in a container or kennel which should be made of non-chewable material.
The airline is not responsible for any kind of injury, sickness or death of the pet.
The owner must ensure their domestic animals meet the quarantine requirements.
INDIGO PET POLICY:
Passengers are not allowed to carry any kind of pet or animal on the IndiGo Airlines’ aircraft.
SERVICE or GUIDE DOGS:
- Guide Dogs for sensory impaired customers are accepted on IndiGo flights.
- The tickets must be booked through the IndiGo Call Centre at least 48 hours prior to departure.
- The Guide Dog should be properly trained and vaccinated.
VISTARA PET POLICY:
Carriage of pets is not allowed on TSAL flights due to unavailability of temperature control facility for the cargo hold of TSAL’s aircraft.