Guidelines Regarding Traveling With Your Pets on Plane
Planning out a vacation to overseas with your family but confused “where to put your pets around”! Well, if you really looking forward to take your four-legged family member in your holidays, then you just need to know or take care of few things. But yes, this flying can only possible to those who have small pups which are easy to fix in the luggage.
Anyhow, in the coming summers if you get lucky enough to travel with your dog or cat in a plane, then you must consider the following points which definitely ensure you full comfort through the journey.
The size of the dog matters a lot when it comes to traveling through the air: It’s very important that your pet should bear an appropriate size and it should fit well in a bag or a carrier or under the seat comfortably. It is only convenient for you and the fellow passengers as well.
Choosing a perfect carrier for your pet is also important: If you don’t choose a comforting carrier for your pet, then neither your pet will stay quite during the journey nor you can settle well. So before selecting a carrier for your pet, you must acknowledge this thing that your dog’s carrier will consider as your own carry-on. And there are certain rules regarding it too, like the carrier should be between 16 and 19 inches long and about 10 inches tall. For more details regarding that or in need of any other information, do visit flydealfare.com.
- Packing extra stuff in regards to your dog’s necessities is always helpful: While packing your baggage, it’s always worthful to carry some extra stuff related to the requirements of your pets like the food, toys and other stuff.
- Do reserve a space for your pet: It’s not necessary that you will get a space for your four-legged friend in a flight very easily as most of the airlines allow a selective number of dogs to fly in-cabin. So it’s better if you call before to book a spot for your pup or cat.
- Be ready to spend some extra coins: If you think that by traveling with your pet, you need not to spend much, then you are totally wrong. As multiple airlines charge different amounts on traveling of these creatures, but if you want to know the minimum value that you have to spend, it is of $100. To get the information of payments at different flights, don’t hesitate to call our executive at FlyDealFare.com.
- Do make a health certificate for your pet from the vet: Every airline has its own rules regarding pets. But it is always beneficial if you have prepared a health certificate of your pet describing that it has had all the vaccinations done and is perfectly well to travel with you and other passengers.
- Take your pets for a walk or make sure your dog/cat exercises before the flight: On the day of the trip, if you take your dog for a long walk or perform certain exercises before leaving, it surely make your pet tired and it can easily handle the whole journey by sleeping. It will also let you worry less during the flight.
- Make sure that your pets remain in the carrier unless you require them for the security checks: By not allowing your pets to go out in the airport, you can only help yourself from further complications as you can’t take guarantee what your dog/cat will do next.
- Avoid using sedatives or other medications before the flight: Sedatives are effective only in case of a nervous pet otherwise; these kinds of stuff can only have negative effects on the pets. It may lead to problems like breathing difficulty, unsteadiness, etc.
- Let your pet look out of the window of the plane.
- It’s better if you don’t feed your pets and try to take away water bowl two hours before departure.
- Be prepared to tackle different environmental conditions in the plane like the temperature change, etc.
- Take all your pet’s medicines, extra stuff, and ID information in a waterproof bag with you so that you don’t have to face any further complication.
Hence do consider the above points while traveling with your pets on a flight. These tips! will definitely help you to get a better journey with your four-legged family member.
1.> How do you travel with a pet on a plane?
ANS:- Properly carried in soft ventilated bags/kennel in the prescribed size. (kennel size not to exceed 18″ x 18″ x 12″). 2. The pet must be properly muzzled and leashed and the weight of the pet including the container should not exceed five kgs.
2.> Can my dog travel with me on the plane?
ANS:- Most airlines will allow small pets to travel.When a pet travels in the cabin, the airlines call the pet “accompanied baggage.” If you want your pet to travel in the cabin as accompanied baggage, you must be a passenger traveling on the same flight as your pet.
3.> Which airline is the most pet friendly?
ANS:- American Airlines: Best for West Coast Travel.
United Airlines: Best for East Coast Travel.
Delta Airlines Best for Large Pets.
Southwest Airlines: Best for Cheap Pet Fees.
JetBlue: Best for Pet Amenities.
Allegiant Air: Best for Pet Check-in Process.