JetBlue announced that they are going to expand their Mint service to new Latin America & Caribbean routes again due to the popularity of some flights. The new services that offer lie-flat seating options will now be available on the new flights to Costa Rica and St. Lucia. These two new services will now bring the total of Mint flights to 21 different cities.
Flights To Costa Rica:
- Starting in December 15, 2018, Mint flights will be available from New York (JFK) to Liberia, Costa Rica.
- This will make Mint the only service offering lie-back seating on any flight to Costa Rica.
- The flights will be Saturday-only service.
Flights To St. Lucia:
- Mint will begin service to St. Lucia starting in February 16, 2019 for Saturday-only service from Boston Logan International.
- This will make the ninth Mint flight to station out of Boston Logan.
- The remaining 12 Mint flights all originate from JFK.
Flights To St. Maarten:
- JetBlue has stated that they will resume Saturday-only service to St. Maarten from JFK in February 2019.
- The airline further stated that it will launch Saturday-only service to St. Maarten from Boston in February as well.
These new routes to the Caribbean are part of the airline’s commitment to expand throughout the Caribbean. Mint is a special service offered by JetBlue. All Mint flights are on JetBlue’s Airbus A321 jets that are specially designed to include lie-flat seats. Crew members are trained to offer a different degree of hospitality. Passengers can even enjoy a self-service snack and bottled water area. All flights offer a special tapas menu, espresso bar and offer signature cocktails. It is a very personable experience that has been increasing in popularity among travelers.