No one likes to miss out on a good deal, but it’s hard to find the best prices on international plane tickets. It is not cheap to fly on overseas, but airlines also will not give advance notice when a significant discount or increase is in the cards. And due to that, consumers are forced to take a chance to get a ticket at a good price. So, are you trying to find the absolute cheapest airfare for a trip that you are planning for, which is not that much easy? But, you can make it easy and can get the good deals on flights by comparing the airfares.
If you want the best flight ticket deals to India, common wisdom is to book your flights early and be flexible with your time and dates. Several different companies are now examining millions of airline ticket prices and help when the optimal time to buy a ticket. In this, you get the information regarding when is the best time to fly, when you can to buy airline deals and when to fly to save even more. So, analyze the best time to book flights to India and figure out when a potential flight will cost you less dollar.
Advance Purchase Tickets
There is no question about buying tickets several weeks or months in advance is the way to go when it comes to saving money on international airfares. A last-minute flight deal on an overseas flight is unlikely, and the traveler takes a risk that no seat will be available. By booking ahead or stay up-to-date with airlines’ latest notification to hit that sweet spot, because sometimes airline temporarily drops seat prices to increase interest in a flight.
Best Time to Purchase by Country
The best time to buy international plane tickets is from two months to longer than 10 months before the departure date. This thing is depending on the destination country.
- Airlines offered the lowest prices for flights to Canada, Mexico and Latin America around 70 to 75 days before departure.
- Flights to Europe were at their cheapest roughly 120 days prior, and Asia flights were lowest 160 days before flying.
- The Middle East and Africa flights required an even longer lead in to snag the best airfares, at 215 days
- The Caribbean and South Pacific topped the tables at 320 days advance booking for bargains.
Best Day to Buy International Flights
If airlines would only agree on a particular day of the week to discount their international airfares, then it would make booking cheap flights so much easier. But, this also not that much easy because sales and discounts are appeared for any day and disappear within hours. A general rule is that weekends are a good time to get good prices when searching for cheap flights. But don’t neglect to look during the rest of the week, as well. A good deal is a good deal no matter what day it’s offered, and it might not linger until Saturday.
Best Time To Fly Internationally
Flying overseas on unpopular days of the week or times of year can offer significant savings. The cheapest international flights are usually midweek, and the most expensive times to fly are around holidays, like before or after Independence Day, Thanksgiving and the winter festive season.
- Summer vacations in Europe are also expensive, so travel in “shoulder season” which is mid-February to the end of April and mid-September to mid-November.
- If traveling to Australia or New Zealand, go in mid-August, and to fly to Asia, target mid-September to the end of November.
- Flights to South America vary little throughout the year with the exception of U.S. and local holidays, when they’re at their most expensive.
24-Hours Cancellation & Change Fee
It can be tempting to continue to check the airfare, but if the price drops after booking an international flight, then it can lead you to the disappointment. The good news is airlines must allow a cancellation policy of 24 hours booking, which is providing the flight is longer than one week out. Be aware when you are booking a flight with cost comparison sites, however, because they’re allowed to charge a fee. If longer than 24 hours have passed since the booking, then it may still be cheaper to pay the cancellation fee and re-book. Check the ticket terms and conditions carefully before canceling.