Best Time To Buy Airline Tickets To India During Seasonal & Festive Holidays!
India has a very distinctive climate and culture than the other countries. Each state is immersed in different culture and festivals. Its weather is extremely varied when you thinking about the best time to visit OR cheapest days to fly.
If you are flexible with your travel dates, then the airline or FlyDealFare helps you to get the lowest deals on airfare.
When Is The Best Time To Visit India?
Generally, the best time to visit India starts from October to March. The temperature is increased from April to August. Departures get booked well in advance so plan ahead.
So, here are the best months to visit in the major cities:
Where To Travel In India During The Summer Season!
The Summer Season starts around the end of February. The temperature is exceeding 40 degrees Celsius in the month of April.
In central and the flat areas of northern India the temperature raise to 45 or 50 degree Celsius. But that does not mean you cannot travel to India
Best Tourist Places In India During Summer
- Summer can be very uncomfortable, extremely hot and dry. But, this is the perfect time to visit the mountains and hill stations.
- Book your tickets 2-3 months before to visit in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himalayas or other northeast parts of India.
- You can visit the spiritual city of Rishikesh which lies on the banks of the Holy River Ganga or the exile of the Dalai Lama in Dharamsala. You can visit Ladakh by end of May.
You can book your tickets to travel around the southern areas which are also covered with national parks, wildlife sanctuaries, forest as well as charming hill stations. Beach destinations like Goa also are the best option to visit.
Where To Travel In India During The Monsoon Season
The Monsoon starts in June and lasts until October. Airports and air traffic can get shut down due to fog and heavy downpours. India actually has two monsoons:
- The southwest monsoon starts making its way to the west area in early June and covers the most of the country with rain in mid-July.
- The northeast monsoon affects India’s east part during November and December.
The monsoon doesn’t appear all at once. It usually rains for a heavy period of time and followed by pleasant sunshine. Conditions become very humid and muddy but it is still remaining quite hot.
Best Places to Travel In India During Monsoon:
It’s difficult to travel throughout India during monsoon because the rain often disrupts the transport services. But,
- This is also the best time to travel India to get an Ayurvedic treatment in Kerala and explore high altitude places like Leh and Ladakh and the Spiti
- You can also get heavily discounted on airfare and accommodations in beach locations like Goa.
- It is the best time to hit the countryside and hill stations. Thekkady, Wayanad and Munnar are such places.
- Rajasthan faces fewer rain rainfalls every year and some other Thar Desert. There are the unique and beautiful hotel and places to explore.
- From June to August you should avoid traveling to the footsteps of the Himalayas.
- Trekking is impossible because a lot of heavy rainfall creates the landslides.
Where To Ahead In India During The Winter Season
The winter starts in November and lasts until February. It comes after the disappearance of the monsoon and starts with clear sunny skies. December and January are the busiest months. Daytime the temperatures are comfortable, but at night it is quite chilly.
Best Places to Travel In India During Winter:
Winter is the best time to hit the beach. So, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, and Kerala are the best places to enjoy the winter. And December, January, and February are the really comfortable months to travel there.
- It’s also a good idea to travel to the desert state of Rajasthan during the daytime to avoid the temperature of the winter season.
- Avoid traveling in the Himalaya Mountains because of the snow but it can be very beautiful to see though.
When Is Tourist Season?
When is best time to book flights: – The tourist season ranges from November to beginning of March. This is when India faces the average temperature in South, Central and the flat parts of North India. It is really cold weather with snow in inaccessible regions of the North.
It is the time when you can get the cheap flight tickets and hotels. So, book your tickets at least 3 months in advance if you plan your holiday during this time.
Best destination to visit in December: In India, the main tourist destinations are Rajasthan, Agra, Goa, and Kerala. During Christmas and New Years, a lot of tourists come to these regions to get around.
Major Season Dates For Traveling To India:
There are 3 main seasons for travel – Peak, Off-Peak, and Shoulder. The fares vary and change with dates within these seasons.
- You should make reservations well in advance while traveling during Peak season and long weekends. Seats are limited during these times.
- Some airlines also offer the weekend supplement like to fly on Friday, Saturday and Sunday charge extra fees while traveling on Monday to Thursday does not.
There are few events and festivals in India which are a reason in itself to come visit. Festivals play an important role to decide when to travel. So, Plan your trip and book your tickets 2–3 months before.
- October and November are counted as the peak month of the Indian festivals. During this, many Indian families travel to India to celebrate the Indian festivals like Dussehra, Durga Pooja, Diwali, which increase the demand for air tickets.
- The festival of color is Holi, which is celebrated in March.
- Ganesh Chaturthi, Onam, and Navratri are also celebrated across the country in August and September.
Passengers can also check the details and the best time to book tickets during seasonal festivals to make their journey smooth and better.
Just before the festivals, all flights get booked in advance and rates become high at the peak point. So, you would need to book tickets in advance when you will find that the rates are lower.
This blog helps you to plan the best trip. If you are still not sure when to visit India or where to go at the time you intend to travel, plan your trip with FlyDealFare and we can help you figure it out.