Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy, Ticket Reservation And Refund Status!
Air travels or long distance flights can be stressful, but they can be more if there is any incident happens like cancellations, delays, interruptions, and others. The passenger can face one such delay during their trip. It is also difficult to compile all the ideas, suggestions, feedback for your plan.
Cancellations can be occurring in two ways such as cancellation by airline and by a traveler. Such all things also depend on why and when you want to cancel your trip and what sort of ticket you bought. Everyone wants to feel free to customize the plans that are based on your own comfort and requirements. So, here are the details on the cancellation policy.
What Is Cathay Pacific Cancellation Policy
According to Cathay pacific 24 hour cancellation policy, you can cancel the reservations within 24 hours and get back the full refund with our refund process. And can make the booking within the 7 days or earlier before departure via the internet.
If you miss the connection due to delayed incoming flight, or mechanical problems, then the airline will:
- Change or re-book you on the next available flight without any fee.
- Refund your ticket price if you no longer want to fly.
- Re-route you to the destination by another carrier under comparable conditions.
- Pay for hotel accommodation and provide the transport to and from the hotel on the discounted rates.
Cathay Pacific Cancellation Fees:
If you plan to alter your departure date or time on a Saver ticket, then a Flight Change Fee may apply. The fee depends on the departure and arrival point and can be determined by entering your route.
Before/After Departure: Rebooking fee of USD150 applies to Promotional Fares, Economy Save fares, Premium Economy Standard fares, and Business Save fares. Furthermore, a rebooking fee of USD50 applies to Economy standard fares. Besides that, if the tickets are of Hong Kong, Economy Supersaver is non-rebook able.
Note: If date change includes changes in seasonality, then there will be a fare difference from Low to High Season. No refund will be applicable for change from High to Low season.
How to Cancel the Cathay Pacific Tickets
- There are three methods of cancelling flight tickets in Cathy-pacific airline:
- Firstly, cancellation by the Airline
- After that, cancellation by the passenger himself
Next is calling on +1–888–589–1015 to Get Refund
In the most cases, the cancellation process is more costly. But, when something happens like a death in the family member or an urgent work, then the airline will provide the discount on fares. With the different options, you can cancel the flight ticket that may save your cancellation fee. There might not be any fee if the cancellation happens very close to the time of booking.
Cancel Flight Ticket Online: –
- Click on the “Change Booking” button on the airline’s website. Then, enter the ticket number and the last name on the reservation.
- Select the Cancel option and accept the requests that the airline gives you to confirm. Follow the refund instructions if your ticket was refundable.
Cancel Flight By Phone: –
- Contact at the customer service number to the airline. And provide the six-digit ticket number and information related to your ticket.
- Furthermore, you can ask for the refund so that the representative can make further process it.
Cancel Flight At The Ticket Office: –
- Call at the travel agency where you can cancel the ticket in-person.
- Ask them about cancellation policy and make further changes in your itinerary and get the refund.
Notifications Of Delays, Cancellations, And Diversions
The airline will let you know if delay or cancellations occur within 30 minutes. It will aware you about the status of the flight by making announcements in the boarding gate area or through the website or contact number. The airline will notify you about your flight status. So, provide your mobile number or email address.
Denial Of Boarding Or Cancellation: –
If you had confirmed reservation and you have been denied boarding or your flight has been canceled, then you are entitled to compensation.
You will not be entitled to compensation in the following circumstances:-
- If the airline has informed you about the cancellation 14 days or before the actual scheduled departure time.
- If the airline informed you of the cancellation 7-13 days before the actual scheduled time and will offer you an alternative flight. But this will allow you to depart no more than 2 hours and arrive at your final destination less than 4 hours.
- If the airline aware you about the cancellation less than 7 days before the original departure time and offered your another flight instead of the original one. This will allow you to depart no more than 1 hour and arrive at the final destination less than 2 hours.
When the passenger checked-in then he/she is also entitled to assistance if your flight is reasonably delayed for 4 hours or more.
Cathay Pacific Airways Cancellation Charges:
- Cathay pacific actually refunds the Dragon tickets within 2 years after the issued date. If the 2 years period is extended, then there will be no 100% refund or refuse with 100% cancellation charges.
- If you are not showing for the flight, then with Cathay Pacific Airways Cancellation Charges, No Show fee will be included in the refund surcharge amount.
- The processing time for the refund on partially/fully used tickets will be done only after deducting the cancellation charges with the residual amount being processed in:
- 7 days for all the credit card transactions.
- 20 days for the tickets that is purchased in cash, online payment or bank transfer etc.
- If you have purchased the ticket through a travel agent, please contact them directly for the refund so that they will credit the amount to you after cutting the charges. You can also contact the Global Contact Centers for the same.
Cathay Pacific Refund Policy
If a ticket is already refunded, then the passenger cannot reuse the ticket number. As you submit the refund request as quickly the airline will generate a print-out with an authorization number. You can purchase the refund tickets directly from the airline or by agency.
- According to Cathay Pacific’s policy, the ticket will refund within 2 years from the ticket issued date. The airline will refuse to refund if you request the application after 2 years.
- A partial refund of your original ticket is payable when you have changed the date and time on your flight booking online.
- The unused values will be refunded to the credit card charged.
- Firstly when the tickets are totally unused: US$150
- After that, if tickets are partially used except for Economy Save and Economy Standard fares: US$150
- Lastly, in case tickets are expired: US$200
Click for more information.
Definition of expired ticket:
For completely unused tickets – one (1) year after date of issuance
Besides that if tickets are half-used tickets – one (1) year after date of first flown sector
And for expired tickets – two (2) years after date of issuance
How To Get Refund:
Cathay pacific process the refund request in the following days:
|GET REFUND FOR CANCELING FULLY PARTIALLY TICKET||GET REFUND FOR BOOKING CHANGES MADE ONLINE|
|· It takes 7 working days if your transactions are by the credit card.
· It will take 20 calendar days for the other forms of payment like cash, bank transfer, PayPal, etc.
|· For the US travelers, the refund of the Online Booking Change transaction takes 7 working days.
· In other cases, it takes 20 calendar days.
Note: The 7-day refund policy of the Taiwan Consumer Protection Act does not apply to bookings made with an international airline company. For ticket changes, cancellation and refund, customers should refer to each booking’s terms and conditions and fare rules.
Cathay Pacific Reservation OR Rebooking Policy
The airline policies say the Adult or Child or Infant can rebook the flight on the same amounts.
Rebooking can be possible under these conditions:
- First of all, if a customer wants to change the flight including other carriers.
- After that, passenger can rebook the flight if Cathay pacific change flight date.
- Extension of ticket validity.
- Furthermore, if you change the class of a ticket.
- If the customer wants to change the transfer point or arrival airport.
- Rebooking can be possible in case of rerouting.
Cathay Pacific Rebooking Online:
- Rebooking online function is only possible if you have the original tickets and the original ticket is the electronic ticket.
- In case if the change booking function is not available for your itinerary, then you have to contact reservations office for further assistance.
Notes: – The airline will collect the difference if charges increase upon re-issuance. If date change includes the change in seasonality, then there will be a fare difference from Low to High Season. From High to a Low season, no refund will be applicable for change.
Cathay Pacific Fare Rules
Cathay Pacific separates the fares into various booking classes. Each of them has different conditions and rules. These booking classes are defined through alphabetical characters like “I”, “M” or “V”. There is the number of conditions:
- The condition is depending on the flights and its departure time periods.
- Conditions are applied to the flights during the time of booking online.
- To complete the booking accept the terms and conditions.
Conditions Based On Different Classes:
|Minimum & Maximum Stay||· A certain number of days between your departure and return flight have required the fee.|
|Change Ticket (Rebooking)||· To make the changes in your reservation and want to change it to another day of time will be subject to fare structure. This might or might not involve a surcharge.|
|Cancel Ticket||· To cancel the ticket is required to the cancellation fee according to the different route.|
|Partially Cancel||· Partially cancel and refund might be available after flight departure. It is subject to fare types and conditions.|
Cathay Pacific Fare Types: Conditions may vary per flight:
- First Class Flex/First Class Standard.
- Business Flex/Business Save.
- Premium Economy Flex/Premium Economy Standard.
- Economy Flex/Economy Standard/Economy Save/Economy Supersaver.
Facilities Provided By Airline During Delay And Cancellation:
Facilities Provided During Delayed Flights:
|If your flight is reasonably delayed for 4 hours or more||· Airline will offer meals & refreshments free of charge.
· Two telephone calls, telex or fax messages or emails without any cost.
|If your flight is delayed at least the day after its original scheduled departure time||· Hotel accommodation.
· Transport between the airport and any other accommodation required.
|If the delay is at least 5 hours and not want to travel or fly||· Airline will refund your ticket on full cost.|
|If the airline is able to offer you a different flight to your arrival destination under transport policies and does not exceed the arrival time by 4 hours or more||· Compensation will be reduced by 50%.|
Each policy differs in their definitions and limitations. Travel insurance policies cover the missed connections and trip delays. The passengers can apply for travel insurance only if the delay extends more than a set period. That can be of 12 hours or more.
- Rerouting to your final destination at the earliest time under the airline transport policies.
- Rerouting to your final destination if you want to travel on the later date according to your convenience.
- Reimbursement within 7 days of the full cost of your ticket.
In case you are stuck at an airport and have a lot of time, then feel free to end the delay and cancellation. This blog will give you the suggestions on a flight cancellation. So follow the above information to travel without exhaustion.
1.> Is it possible for a travel agent or Cathay Pacific reservations office to make changes in online bookings?
Presently, you can make changes in the online flight bookings only if you have an electronic ticket in your possession which is booked via Cathay Pacific website. Contacting Cathay Pacific reservations office is another option for assistance if the change of booking function is not available in your itinerary.
If you have purchased tickets via travel agent, please contact your travel agent for assistance.
2.> What is the process to make alterations in online bookings if I have connecting flights with other carriers?
If you have bought the original Cathay Pacific tickets online, then only you are permitted to make changes in your flight bookings with other carrier’s connecting flights.
3.> Is it possible to do make changes in booking online if I have Checked-in online?
Yes, you can easily make changes or cancel your online check-in from option ‘Manage Booking’ before you change the booking online.
4.> Is it possible to make alterations in date and time to his/her flight bookings?
Yes, you can easily revise your date and time. Visit the website cathaypacific.com and under the option of ‘Manage Booking’ select ‘Change Booking’ which will be displayed below your flight booking after you have verified your ticket for date and time changes online.
5.> Is it possible to request for a preferred seat if I change my flight booking online?
Yes, you can change your seat from changing ticket online option. Under option Manage My Booking, passengers can select seat request and choose according to their preference.
6.> Is it possible to request for a meal if I change my flight booking online?
Under Manage Booking, you can choose the option meal request. Through Manage Booking, by selecting Special Meal/Services Requests, you can receive more details for the same.
7.> Can I make date or time alteration in flight bookings for another person?
Yes, you can make changes by paying for the changes for another person. The only requirement is that the amount paid for the ticket from the credit card must be certified by “Verified by Visa” or “MasterCard®SecureCodeTM”.
8.> How long does it take for the refund if you make the booking changes online?
It takes probably seven working days for the refund of the ticket if it was booked Online in US sector. For others, it takes approximately 20 calendars.
9.> How do I know that if the flight date and/or time has been successfully changed?
You will get a confirmation email shortly after you click on the “Confirm Change” or “Confirm Payment” button on the Fare Details and Payment pages.
10.> How long does it take for Cathay Pacific to refund?
How long would it take to get the refund if I cancel my fully unused or partially used ticket? After the deduction of necessary cancellation charges, the residual amount will be processed in (counted form the day of receipt of the refund request): 7 working days for credit card and PayPal transactions*
11.> Is Cathay Pacific refunding tickets?