You’ll have to pay more to select your seat on Emirates flights
Passengers of different classes can enjoy different facilities while booking their seats just by paying a little more.
Most of the travelers traveling through the economy class always try to occupy a seat which can offer them more leg room but it seems a very hard task to book these seats.
But if you are flying with Emirates, you can easily avail your favorite seats by paying more to enjoy special privileges.
According to the Gulf Business reports, the Dubai-based airline has quietly introduced swag of seat selection fees in an economy that could see additional charges of up to $135 per passenger.
From last year only, Emirates started charging for advanced seat selection but that was only for passengers traveling on special and saver fares.
As of now, the latest fee on the extra value seats can vary in price and this will depend on the seat route and destination.
Passengers need to be aware of all the charges attached to different seats. The listing of the same is as follow:
- For preferred seat which is located near the front of the plane, the cost is between $25 and $80.
- For twin seat consisting of a row of two seats rather than three, the cost is between $35 and $110.
- For extra legroom seat, there will be a sale up to six hours before departure and this will probably cost will be between $55 and $135.
- For regular seats, if the passengers booked in advanced, the cost will be between $15 and $35.
- Coming to the exceptions, passengers who want to do bookings for business and first class and group bookings of 10 or more passengers don’t require to pay to select their seats.
- For the frequent flyer members in the silver tier, they can also enjoy the free regular seat selection.
- On the other hand, the gold members can have a pick over free regular and preferred seat selection along with their accompanying passengers.
- Lastly, the platinum members and their accompanying passengers can select all seats except the “extra legroom” ones for free.