The citizens of a foreign country, who want to enter in India, need an Indian visa. Visa is a travel document that is issued in the traveler’s country of citizenship which is placed in the traveler’s passport.
The applicants of other countries are required to possess a valid passport with a valid Indian visa before they start their travel to India.
Your travel purpose will tell what type of visa is appropriate for you. When you want to travel in India for the purpose of business meetings with companies, sales or exhibitions that are going to be held in India, a ‘BUSINESS VISA’ is needed.
So, follow the steps that are given below for a detailed understanding of requirements and fees of Business visa for India from the USA.
How to Apply for a Business Visa?
The travel to India is majorly dependent on the Indian Visa requirements. And those visa requirements need to be documented in your application form, along with your current photograph in the proper field and also attach all your other relevant documents with your form. Then submit it to Indian Embassy or Consulates service center near to you.
For an Indian Business visa, Go to the Indian Government site and click on the “Regular Visa Application” button.
After that, Online Visa Application form will open. Follow the instruction to fill out the form.
Step 3: Photographs:
When it completes, print the form, mention the date and sign it with your appropriate original signature. After that, attach the official passport size photos in the required fields.
- Make sure the attached photo on the VISA application form is same as the photo on your passport. Always attach the current photograph.
- The photograph should be in square-shaped or 2 by 2 inches in size.
- Do not use the staple pins or tape to attach the photo and it must be in color.
- You can upload a photo when you place your order instead of providing physical passport photos.
Step 4: Proof of state residency:
Attach the proof of your residency with your application form along with the photocopy of the following:
- A clear photocopy of the applicant’s driver’s license or state-issued ID is preferred.
- The address on the ID must be same as the address on the visa application.
- You can also attach a photocopy of the major utility bills like Water, Gas, Electric, or a copy of a valid/current lease.
For New York visitors: If submitting a utility bill as proof of address the original is required, a photocopy is not accepted.
Step 5: Other General Information:
- Make sure that everything you mention in the application form is correct. After that select, the “Verified and Continue” option for further information.
- On the next page, a confirmation box will open that includes the Applicant Name and File Number.
- The Indian Embassy does not permit any application if it is filled with the incorrect information. The handwritten corrections on the application form will not be accepted.
You can pay your visa fee online or pay for your visa with cash or a money order at the time of your appointment.
Step 7: Submit your application
Make an appointment at the India visa center and submit your application. You can also mail the application form, with your passport and with the other relevant documents, to the specified address.
Step 8: Track the status:
Track the status of your application time-to-time on the website. Typically, visas take seven to nine days to process and return.
Other India Business Visa Requirements:
Certificate of Incorporation:
Letter of Invitation and Business Cover Letter:
- You must have a letter of invitation from/to the sponsoring company of India and the USA.
- Make sure this letter must be signed by an appropriate person such as supervisor, or HR, Executive of the companies.
- The invitation letter and business cover letter will explain the relationship of the applicant, the purpose of visit, and the position in the company.
- Information and address on invitation letter, business cover letter, visa application form and on other supporting documents will be the same.
- And it must be signed and sealed by the host of the company.
- Make sure the business letter also states the validity of visa and indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant.
An India Business Visa is eligible to the following: (Indian Business Visa Eligibility criteria are as follows):
- Those who visit India to establish or explore to set up an industrial/business venture, and want to purchase/sell industrial or commercial products.
- Those who are eligible for technical meetings/discussions, regarding exhibitions/business fair, and for business services support that is held in India.
- Visiting India for recruitment of manpower.
- The visitors, who are partners in the business and/or functioning as directors in the company.
- Visit India for an ongoing project with the objective of monitoring the progress of the work, and provide some high-level technical guidance, etc.
- Applicable for the trainees of multinational companies/corporate houses coming for in-house training in the regional hubs.
- The foreign students sponsored by AIESEC for the internship on the project.
For the pilots and the crew members of non-scheduled airlines, Cargo Planes, chartered flights, and Private jets, etc. should apply for Business Visa.
Conditions of Granting:
The conditions governing Business Visa:
- The applicant assured financial standing and has expertise in the field of business.
- The applicant cannot visit India for the business of petty trading or money lending, etc.
- The applicant must comply with all other requirements like payment of tax liabilities etc.
If an applicant, going for employment in projects/contract in India then the visitor needs to apply for an Employment Visa, not for a Business Visa.
If your requirements do not meet with any of the above visa types, then apply for an Entry Visa, not for a Business Visa.
Your spouse or any other dependent family member can accompany you through Business Visa.
The expiration date of your family member’s visa is same as the time period of stay for the major visa holder.
Duration & Validity:
- The time period of business Visa can be up to 1, 5 or 10 years for US passport holders.
- The validity of Business Visa counts from the date of visa issuance and not from the date of entry into India.
- The period of stay in India for each visitor is up to 6 months. Multiple entry visas valid up to 10 years who want to set up a joint venture in India.
The Business Visa can be extended maximum up to 5 years if the turnover of your business activities is not less than Rs. 1cr/annum.
India Business Visa cost:
The applicant can pay a fee according to the visa validity. Firstly, complete the Global Reservation Form and make sure that the same number of months is selected on both forms.
You can pay the visa Fees and service charges at the Visa Application Center.
So, here we have provided the important information about how to apply for a Business visa when you plan to travel to India from the USA. In such cases, make sure to read the instructions, requirements, and the validity of visa to make your trip easy.