If you are a frequent traveler and constantly travel regarding your work or business, a red eyed flight is the best option you can choose for yourself. We have seen a great demand for these flights and many major airlines have seemed very keen in operating the red eye flight that also allows the travelers to circumvent rush hour traffic. So we will discuss and encapsulate everything about these flights and all that is important for you to know about them.
What’s a Red Eye Flight?
A red eye flight is a flight that leaves from the airport late at night and reaches the destination early in the morning. Red Eye is a term used to describe sleep deprived travelers. The passengers traveling on a red eye flight do not have to confront the peak hour traffic when they are on the way to the airport or while entering the city they are traveling to.
Some Tips to Grab the Red Eye Flights
- Book your flights at least one month in advance before you intend to travel.
- You can redeem reward points so that you may save some money on your red eye flight ticket.
- Pick the local or any good budget airlines instead of going for a premium airline.
- Make use of the incognito mode while booking to avoid price hikes.
- Choose to buy direct red eye flights to save more on your flight tickets.
We will talk about what are some of the benefits the red eye flights offer to their passengers.
1. You can save more money
As these flights are not very desirable in comparison to the other flight options, that’s one reason that they are the cheapest flights to book. If you are looking to save a good amount of money on your flight tickets you should go for the red eye flights.
2. Less Noisy Airport
When you reach the airport you’ll find that there aren’t many people at the airport so it means a less noisy airport. It will also allow you to save your time as there will be shorter queues at the check-in counters.
3. Avoid the Rush Hour Traffic
Booking your red eye flight will help you in avoiding the traffic at the peak hours when you commute to the airport or enter into your chosen travel destination.
4. Less Delays to Face
Due to the less air traffic at night, the red eyed flights are mostly punctual. That means most of the time they depart on time and there is probably a very less probability for a delay.
5. An Extra Day to Explore
Traveling on a red eye flight means that you will reach the destination early in the morning and after resting for a couple of hours you can use that day for exploring the city. You will have a full day at your disposal to plan things accordingly.
6. Book Your Favorite Seat
As you will find these flights are less crowded and have many empty seats, passengers are more likely to have more chances of getting their desired seats on the plane.
As there are the pros of traveling on red eye flights, there are also some cons that you will have to bear with. Let’s talk about them.
1. Poor Rest
As we know resting on the plane at night won’t give us the same satisfaction we get by resting at our homes. That’s why it is a bit difficult to relax our bodies on these late night flights.
2. Less Flight Options to Choose From
As the number of flights is fewer at night that is the reason you won’t get more options to choose from. Also make sure to check which airlines offer the overnight flights.
3. Sleepless Nights
The biggest con of traveling on a red eye flight is that you won’t be able to have a sound sleep. As there are complications sleeping during the flight you will feel a bit tired the next day due to a disturbed sleep. It’s also the reason behind the name “Red Eyes” that’s entitled to the flight.
After considering all the pros and cons related to the red eyed flights we can conclude that if you are looking to save your time and some money on air travel, then a red eye flight is the best option you can go for.
Preparing Yourself for A Red Eye Flight
- Go for booking the earliest flight that’s leaving for your destination so that you reach early and get some time to rest before you start your day.
- Carry a portable and easy to carry along pillow with you in the flight as it will help you relax on your seat.
- Don’t forget to bring your earphones or headphones along with you. Frequent noise on the plane can really disturb you, so these devices surely will come handy.
- Choose your seat wisely and research before you select one for you. Taking a seat beside the window is the best option to choose for a comfortable journey.
- Take your toiletry kit with you that include your toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, moisturizer, and face wipes.
- Always put on comfortable clothes for the flight like loose t-shirts or sweatshirts. Also carry a jacket that will keep you warm if you feel cold during the flight or in the early morning hours.
These were some important things we felt which are necessary for you to know about before you book a red eye flight.
We are there to assist our customers and it’s always been our priority to deliver excellent customer satisfaction with our services.