Travelling with kids is fun and you enjoy your travel a lot more than you do when travelling as a couple or by yourself. Although travelling with kids to India can be a bit more challenging, it is still worth a shot. If you wish to know what all preparations you need to make, here are the tips for your travel to India with kids.
Why to do it?
If you’re wondering why go to India with your kids, you should know that there is absolutely no reason for you to not do it. Of course your trip to India will be a bit challenging but if you have the right information with you, there is hardly anything to worry about. You will find a lot of specific information on travel with small children in India.
Keep A Check On Your Health:-
Make sure that before you travel to India with kids, you consult your physician and get medical advice. Travelling to India is challenging for the kids also. You will have to ensure that you carry the necessary medicines with you so that your kids don’t face any issues.
Here Are Some Basic Things That You Need To Know:-
- Keep nails short.
- Drink bottled water (available everywhere).
- Use suntan Lotion (factors 30 and 15 (and sometimes 60))
- Keep your hands clean and don’t pick your nose (brings the bacteria straight into your system). Do not pick up stuff from the streets.
- Always put on hats and sunglasses.
- Wear long or three quarter trousers (keeps knees whole)
- Wear long sleeves
- Wash your hands before eating (or use disinfecting wet tissues; also good for cleaning feet after temple-visits).
- As a general precaution take multivitamins every day.
- Wear sturdy shoes, no sandals. Check feet for cuts after temple visits and disinfect if necessary.
- Buy a small anklet with a bell and put it on your kid, you’ll hear them around even when you’re not watching.
- Use mosquito repellent. For hotel rooms we bought and used the Bayer electrical mosquito coils.
- Disinfect any cut or scratch as soon as possible.
- Never eat anything from a stall / cooked in the streets. Stay away from buffet-style meals. Eat in busy restaurants.
- Donate small amounts of money to a Temple once in a while and pray to the gods on a regular basis. Have Imodium ready anytime.
MAKE SURE YOU EAT HEALTHY:-
Food is usually really good in India. You can find amazing kinds of dishes all over the country and you will love them all. The only problem is that sometimes, the food can be a bit unhygienic and you will have problems and issues with your health if you eat unhealthy. Make sure that you go for simple foods such as Indian bread, eggs, plain rice, fresh fruit, toast and curd that are available everywhere. Apart from these you can choose cornflakes etc. Make sure that you always have some crackers or biscuits with you. There are popular food chains at most places so there is hardly anything to worry about.
Transportation in the country is really good. Although you will find everything from good to bad, it is best that you go for a private transportation vehicle. There are public transport vehicles that cover the whole country so there is hardly anything to worry about. Apart from travelling by road you can go for railways and airways which are also available to most parts of the country. Trains are a great way to travel, but often slower and sometimes difficult to book. Apart from these, it always a great way to visit India by other wonderful forms of transport like Rickshaws, Elephants, speedboats, backwater boats, Camels, Buffalo-carts etc. and you need to go for them all.
What You Need To Pack And Carry:-
Before you plan your trip to India you need to think deeply about what clothes and shoes your child will wear in India, and also ensure that you think about the effect the heat (or cold), humidity, monsoon, sun will have on your child. Carry disposable diapers at all times and make sure that you carry them in abundance if you are going for a long time.
Don’t carry too much luggage as you can find clothes in India that you can dispose of whenever you come back. All things are available in India at really cheap prices so there is hardly anything that you should worry about.
THINGS TO DO:-
With your kids you should plan your travel properly and make sure that you do everything. There are lots of amusement parks and sanctuaries in India that you can go to with the kids. Apart from these, you need to go to places like famous monuments and beaches so that the kids have a great time. There are lots of famous historic temples that the kids would love to see and as a temple holds a lot of religious value plus there are something the kids would love to run around. Try and visit the historical sites. Tell your kids stories about such sites and they would love to hear about the kings, queens, wars, love and loss. It will make their experience all the more enriching.
When travelling to India, planning is really important. You don’t want to take your kids to India without a properly planned trip as it can be quite challenging for them. No doubt India is a great country to travel to, it is still advised that you ensure everything is in order. Get last minute flight deals on your last minute flight tickets to India and you will save a lot of money that can be used for spending while you are in India with the kids. With some extra cash in your pocket you can buy a lot of stuff in a pocket friendly country like India and the kids will love you a lot more.