Visa is a kind of official travel document indicates that you are allowed to enter in a specific country for a specified period of time. It can be a separate certificate with a stamp marked on your passport. Visas are provided by the immigration or embassy of a country.
In order to meet the industry’s demand and growing business the Government of India has issued the comprehensive guidelines on the Intern Visa. The guidelines provide the detail on eligibility criteria, validity, quota, special approvals and other matters which are applicable for Intern Visa.
Earlier, it was necessary for foreigners to apply for the employment visa in order to pursue an internship in an Indian organization. But now, the foreigners can apply for an Intern visa, instead of Employment visa for an internship.
The validity of the Intern visa will depend upon the duration of the internship program. It can’t be converted into an Employment visa or any other type of visa.
An ‘Indian Intern Visa’ is available to applicants traveling to India to pursue an internship that is held in India.
How to Apply for an Entry Visa:
Citizens can apply for a visa both online and offline. In case of offline visa application, you have to download the application form and fill it with required details. And the applicants who want to fill the application form online, visit indianvisaonline.gov.in site. Then, submit it at your respective visa application center.
Step 1: – Visit the Indian Government site.
Go to the “Regular Visa Application” page on the “indianvisaonline.gov.in” site. And then, continue by filling the correct information in the required fields.
Step 2: Fill the Required Fields
Fill the required fields with the valid information after clicking on the Online Visa Application option. Read all the instruction before filling the application form.
Step 3:- Photo requirements
Print out a photocopy of the application form and sign it. Then, attach the photographs in the required fields.
- Attach the colored photograph and ensure that it has a proper size that is of 2 x 2 inches (50 mm x 50 mm).
- The photographs have a front view along with a plain/white background. But do not staple and tape the photographs with the application form.
You can also upload the photos instead of providing the physical passport photos.
Step 4: – Proof of Residency
- Attach a clear photocopy of a Driver License or state resident ID. But the address on the ID must be same as the address on the visa application.
- You can also attach a photocopy of a valid document that contains a proper signature of landlord/tenant.
Step 5: – Verification
Click on the “Verified and Continue” button but make sure the information you enter in the fields is correct. After that, a confirmation box will open that will show the Applicant Name and Number.
Do not try to make the handwritten corrections on the application form; otherwise, they will reject your application form.
Step 6: – Submit the application form
Submit your documents and the visa application form to the selected Visa Center after scheduling an appointment. You can also post the application form with the other relevant documents to the specified address.
Step 7: – Pay fee
You can pay your visa fee online. Or you can pay cash at the time of your appointment.
Step 8: – Track the status
Check your visa status online. All you need to do is visit the website and keep certain information handy. To know your online visa status, you may be required to put the Passport number and Application ID into the fields.
An Intern visa is appropriate for those who intend to pursue an internship in an Indian company / Educational Institute / Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
You can enter in India if you have a valid passport with a valid Indian visa. And including minor children, each one of you must have a valid visa to travel to India.
Indian Intern Visa requirements:
The following conditions of intern visa:
- The applicants must comply will all legal requirements like payment of tax liabilities etc.
- The documents that are attached with the application form should be thoroughly checked.
- The name of the sponsoring employer or organization shall be clearly mentioned in the visa sticker.
- The intern must have a letter from the Indian Company or Educational institution which sponsoring the applicant for the internship program. Ensure that the letter has signed and stamped by the head of the organization.
- An undertaking letter clearly indicates the period of internship and also shows the departure of the foreigner on completion of Internship.
- The intern must have a letter from the company in India taking responsibility for the activities of the applicant during his/her stay in India.
- The intern is required to provide their Current Graduation / Post-Graduation certificate.
India Intern Visa Processing time:
- The gap between the completion of graduation and the internship should not exceed for one year.
- The validity of Intern visa will depend upon the duration of stay or completion of your internship program.
- The duration of Intern Visa is up to 1 year.
- The validity of intern Visa starts from the date of visa issuance, not from the date of entry into India.
India entry visa fees:
The service charges and visa fee are differing according to the agreement of governments. Complete the Form and ensure that the same number of months is selected on both the forms.
After completing the form pay the fee online or by fixing an appointment at the service center.