A full-service carrier Vistara will assist their passengers with a ‘RADA’ robot at IGI airport into its lounge. It will help them address their queries, scanning boarding passes and providing flight status and weather conditions of the destination city.
- The name of the Robot is ‘RADA’, will greet customers and interact with them using basic hand movements.
- It is capable of moving around in predefined pathways.
- It can also engage with kids and adults by playing games and other multimedia content such as songs and videos.
- The robot will be placed at Vistara’s Signature Lounge at Delhi Airport’s Terminal 3 from July 5.
- The robot is built on a chassis of four wheels, enabling it to rotate 360 degrees, and has three inbuilt cameras for cognitive interaction.
In terms of functionality and features for future use cases, it will be further developed over a period of time, after gauging customer feedback. The robot has been envisioned and incubated under Vistara’s Innovation initiative.
The team of technology experts and apprentices from Tata Innovation with support from students of reputed institutions is conceived, designed and engineered it.
The statement claimed that ‘RADA’ is one of India’s most economical robots completely made of indigenous components and a compelling ‘Make in India’ story.
The statement said that combining these components with an effective voice technology, Vistara has developed the robot to provide a simple solution to cater to the emerging and future trends.
The Chief Executive Officer of Vistara, Mr. Leslie Thng said, “With RADA, we aim to change the way people interact and fly with an airline. We will be developing ‘RADA’ based on customer feedback and equipping it with the most effective features in the time to come. Our steadfast focus remains to be on delighting customers across all touch points, and we’re confident that ‘RADA’ will help us take the ‘new feeling’ to the next level.”