It’s about to become a lot easier to fly in and out of the Big Easy. New Orleans is getting a new 35-gate airport terminal that is set to open in February of 2019. The new terminal is constructed at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. This new terminal will fully replace the existing airport in New Orleans.
The new airport terminal in New Orleans is being designed with tons of aesthetic appeal. The terminal will be a very airy space that features tons of glass windows and skylights. Passengers will be able to move freely between the concourses inside the airport once they’ve passed through security because all of the eateries and vendors will now be accessible to all passengers.
- It will feature a single security checkpoint for everybody to pass through.
- Some of the familiar eateries that are set to open inside the airport include Chick-Fil-A, Shake Shack, Starbucks, Emeril’s, Lucky Dogs, Great American Bagel, Ye Olde College Inn and City Greens.
- The large windows in the terminal will offer views of the airport’s airfield.
- Travelers will be able to browse food options and retail spots in the center of each concourse inside the airport.
- A little music when walking through the new airport in New Orleans.
- There will also be a special jazz garden and a stage.
- A new parking garage and surface lots are being added to the compound.
Travelers who frequently fly out of New Orleans will be happy to know that the parking situation at the airport is poised to improve with the completion of the new addition. The new parking garage at the North Terminal will offer 2,100 new spaces. The parking garage that currently exists at the airport will be preserved and turned into a place for long-term parking.