Do You Know The Facts Which Make ETIHAD So Successful In Such A Short Time?
When it comes to world’s one of the best airlines, Etihad does make its spot very successfully. This Dubai-based career which commenced its operations in the year 2003, is giving a very good competition to various old airlines and the one who is in the aviation industry for a number of years.
Passengers are really impressed by the divine services of this airline and add it to their favorite list of careers. Hence they too want to know how this airline achieves so much success in such a short time period.
Hence here are some unknown facts about the airline:
- ETIHAD operates more than 1,000 flights per week and supports more than 120 passengers plus the cargo destinations in Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. It comes with a fleet of 126 Airbus and Boeing aircraft as per the records of July 2017.
- ETIHAD Airways is a flag carrier and the second largest airline of the United Arab Emirates (after Emirates Airlines) and has its headquarters in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi, near the Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- In the year 2004, the airline placed an aircraft order of US$8-billion for five Boeing 777-300ERs and 24 Airbus aircraft which include four Airbus A380s too.
- ETIHAD also announced the largest aircraft order in commercial aviation history at the Farnborough Airshow in the year 2008 with around 205 aircraft with 100 firm orders, 55 options, and 50 purchase rights.
- Since its inauguration in 2003, ETIHAD Airways has received over 30 awards in total for its unbeatable performance.
- In the year 2010, ETIHAD Airways won the Award for “World”s Best First Class” by Skytrax at Hamburg. In addition to this, ETIHAD also received awards for “Best First Class Catering” and “Best First Class Seat” as well.
- For the 4 years in a row i.e. 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012, ETIHAD Airways was awarded as the World’s Leading Airline by the World Travel Awards.
- Despite ETIHAD Airways has been withdrawn from Skytrax, yet it received a 6th place in the listing of “The world’s Top 10 Airlines of 2017” by Skytrax.
- ETIHAD totally support 116 passengers and cargo destinations across Africa, Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Australasia from its hub at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
- ETIHAD has also signed a new 10-year agreement with Panasonic Avionics Corporation in the year 2011 for the provision of in-flight entertainment including the broadband internet and live TV facility.
- ETIHAD Airways also take the customer service to a new next level as it provides Etihad Chauffeure. the limousine service created for the passengers. This Chauffeur service must be booked at least 24 hours ahead of time to ensure the availability of a limousine and driver.
- In ETIHAD Airways, there are two Business Class cabins – one of which is operated on widebody aircraft and the other one is operated on narrowbody aircraft. Business Class on widebody aircraft supports a 6 ft 1-inch full flat bed along with the finest dining and a 15-inch widescreen television facility. You can also witness an in-built massage facility. On narrowbody aircraft, there are seats with 49 inches of pitch.
- The first class cabin of Etihad is labeled as “Diamond First Class” which features a perfectly flat, 6 ft 8-inch bed in its own private suite. These suites also support a personal mini-bar and wardrobe along with the in-built massage and a 23-inch widescreen television. There is also the availability of a changing room on board plus the passengers also have the right to select their own personal chef.