Know Everything about West India in 4 min – Book your flights to India in 2020
“ I saw as far as I can,
At someplace, I saw rivers lakes, beaches,
At other, there were dunes of sand,
And the stories rest in the air for this Land.”
The West Zone of India consists of states of Rajasthan, Gujrat, Maharashtra, and Goa. Each state has its history, culture, places, and food. It includes everything to make your trip the most memorable one from Dessert of sands and salt, Beaches, forts, and food.
10 seconds guide to the post:
- About West India
- Festive season
- Places of West India (Food, culture, Top spot, Best time to visit, and airport)
Welcome to West India: Colorful culture, Spicy tongues, Heroic lands, and Calming beaches. To experience this in the West of India, book your tickets to India this year
- Holi – The festival of colors: 9th -10th March 2020
- Diwali – The festival of lights: 14th November 2020
- Ganesh Chaturthi: The most famous festival of Maharashtra: 22nd August 2020
- International Kite Festival (Uttarayan): 6th – 14th January 2020
- Sunburn Festival – The new year’s party at Goa: 31st January 2020
Best Climate to travel :
The climate in west India differs for different months.
- November to Feb – The temperature stays between 8-15 degrees as this is the best time to travel.
What is beautiful in Winters: Everything, explore as much as you can!
- Mach to July – Keep the water bottle close to yourself as in summers the temperature goes as high as 40 -45 degrees in Rajasthan and Gujrat. Where in Goa and Maharashtra it stays between 22-40 degrees.
What is beautiful in Summers: Traveling to Goa and Maharashtra in summer is a good idea as Rajasthan and Gujrat are too Hot .
- August to October – The monsoon starts to peek and temperature drops a little.
What is beautiful in Monsoon: Maharashtra is wonderful to explore in Monsoon. (except for Bombay because of the flood-like situation). Rajasthan and Gujarat are still hot.
Tasty food, sunsets and dazzling nights, Goa is the desired tourist destination in India that makes the place both chaotic and serene. Goa offers remarkable parties, sandy beaches, beautiful little villages, and magical holiday experience for your vacation.
Things to do in Goa-
- Snorkelling and Scuba diving
- Water spots
- Sunset Cruise, House boats and Casinos
- Bungee jumping and Parasailing
- Dolphin Ride
- Spice Village Tour
- Visit to Dudhsagar Falls
- Mandovi River
Best Beaches –
- Candolim & Calangute
Best time to visit – November to March
Airport – Dabolim International Airport in Goa is connected both domestically and internationally to all the major cities.
Famous Food – If you are seafood lover goa is the place to be.
- Poi from the local baker
- Rava fried prawn at Anand
- Chicken Xacuti
- French at La Plage
- Burmese at Bomra’s
Local Drinks –
- Port Wine
- Kings beer
Rajasthan is the quintessential home of Kings, ancient forts, palaces, and tigers. They offer you lakes, sand dunes, wildlife, safari’s, heritage, and the rich royal culture. Food in Rajasthan is pretty spicy compared to other states of India. Rajasthan can be costly if you plan to experience the royalties in a luxurious 5-star heritage hotel. So it is always better to save money by booking your flights to India beforehand.
Best time to visit – November to March
Place to visit in Rajasthan –
- Jaisalmer – Golden city of India
- Jaipur – Pink city of India
- Jodhpur – Blue city of India
- Udaipur – City of lakes
- Pushkar – Holy place ( a city dedicated to the god of creation)
- Osian – Mini Jaisalmer of Rajasthan
- Ranthambore National Park – Tiger spotting and the fort
- Mount abu – Hill station in the dessert
- Bharatpur – One of the best bird sanctuaries
- Rural Rajasthan – Bishnoi village and Pali
Famous Food –
- Dal Bati Churma – Traditional Food of Rajasthan
- Mohan Maas
- Laal Maas
- Mawa Kachori
- Mirchi Bada
- Pyaaz Ki Kachori
- Gatte ki Sabji
Airport – Jaipur International Airport is the central airport in Rajasthan.
Gujrat lies on the western coast of the Indian Peninsula and shares borders with Pakistan, Madhya Pradesh, and Rajasthan. Gujrat is the only place in the world to witness “The White Dessert” where the land is covered with salt in the kutch region. This place is rich in crafts, history and natural beauty. Like Rajasthan, Gujarat is also popular for the west folk dance and sweet dishes. There are no liquor stores in Gujrat, but you are allowed to carry your liquor or drink it at a licensed restaurant.
Best time to visit – July to March
Airport – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (AMD) is the main airport of Gujrat and is 6 km from the capital city Ahmedabad.
Place to visit in Gujarat-
- Ahmedabad Old City
- Sun Temple, Modhera
- Rani ki Vav (the Queen’s Stepwell), Patan
- Rann Of Kutch – must go Destination
- Saputara – The Only Hill Station
- Dwarka – Enjoy vacation on beach
- Bhuj – Marvel At Interior Design
- Anand – Mystical Place To Explore
- Marine National Park
- Somnath temple
- Gir National Park
Famous Food –
- Gujrati Thali
- Gujarati Kadhi
- Lilva Kachori
India’s third-largest state Maharashtra, is a country in itself. The land of true warriors, majestic, crowded, beautiful you name it. In Maharashtra you will find the palm-fringed beaches; friendly, cool-green mountains; Unesco World Heritage Sites; and populated cosmopolitan cities (and excellent vineyards). You will fall in love with the people of Maharashtra, they are helpful and kind. Mumbai is the capital city of Maharashtra, which is packed and astonishing in itself. Get your Business-class tickets to India and explore this majestic state in 2020.
Best time to visit – October to March
Airport – Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is the main airport in Maharashtra. All the other 14 airports connect to the major cities of India
Place to visit in Maharashtra –
- Ajanta Caves Ellora Caves
- Mahabaleshwar and Lonavala
- Ganpatipule and Ratnagiri
- Tadoba National Park
Famous Food –
- Kolambi Bhaat
- Varhadi Chicken
- Dongri Mutton
- Malwani Prawn Curry
- Bharli Vangi (Stuffed Eggplant)
- Misal Wada / Vada Pav
- Aamti (Maharashtrian-Lentils/ Dal)
- Rassa (Tambda/ Pandhra/ Varhadi)
Get the Last-minute tickets to India to explore all the places in the west and build last long memories.
Read the 5 minutes guide on traveling to North India and South India this year with information on important places, food, culture, and the most suitable time to visit.
- Can we travel to the West in Summers?
In summers the temperature goes up to 44 degree in many parts. So traveling to the west can be uncomfortable. The best time to travel is from October to March.
- Is travelling to Goa safe?
Yes, with the increase of tourism every tourist spot in India is well protected and safe. In any case if you find yourself in trouble reach out to any local person nearby and contact the nearest police station.
- Is the food of West Indian spicy?
Yes, the food is spicier in Goa and Rajasthan as compared to Maharashtra and Gujarat. So mention less spicy food to the waiter while ordering the dishes.