Every corner of India has a different culture, tradition, and tourist places to impress you. This article delves into the richness of South India which includes the states Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. All these places are home to Hindu traditions and natural beauty. With 9 out of 32 UNESCO World Heritage sites in India are in South India, get amazed by the stunning sculptures and temple architecture of this place. Upma, Uttapam, Pongal, Dosa, Idli and more than 15 types of breakfast dishes are the top meals to eat. Go ahead, book your flights to India to visit this marvelous region.
10 seconds guide to the post:
- About South India
- Festive season
- Places of North India (Food, culture, transportation, and airport)
South India: The heart of Indian classical dance, Good and Healthy Breakfast, popular Hindu Temples, beaches and a lot of surprising places! Book your last minute tickets to India and get astounded by the beauty of this place!
Best Climate to travel –
- October to Feb (Winter) – It is the perfect time to travel to south India. The daytime temperature ranges from 15 – 30 degrees. Except in Tamil Nadu where Northeast trade wind brings rain.
What is beautiful in winters:. Travel anywhere in this duration and this is the best time to visit the beautiful Kerala as humidity is at least.
- Mach to May (Summer) – Temperature and Humidity starts to build in March and many places are not too pleasant to travel in this time. Many lowland/ seaside places should not be visited after April as they are too hot to bear.
What is beautiful in Summers: The hill station destinations like Munnar, Coorg and Ooty are still pleasant and endurable through the summers and give a much needed respite from all the heat.
- June to September (Monsoon) – Monsoon hits Due to heavy rain in this region. (Travelling in Kerala will be challenging due to high rain)
What is beautiful in Monsoon: Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are the must go places.
Festive season –
Every state of South India has its regional festival which is celebrated with love and unity. Get your Last-minute tickets to India and join them. Here are the Major festival dates of south India in 2020!
The main festivals of the south are
- Pongal in Kerala – 15 January 2020
- Onam in Tamil Nadu – 22 August 2020
- Hampi Festival – 25th February 2020
- Ugadi – 25th march 2020
- Diwali and dussehra -14th November 2020
Places to visit –
You will be blown away by Karnataka, ranked 4th most popular tourist state of India, it has a lot to contribute to travelers. This state is about cultural heritage, scenic landscapes, and traditional craftsmanship. The capital city of Karnataka is Bangalore and the language spoken here is Kannada, most people here are good in English hence communicating here is easy. Bengaluru is the IT hub of India and has a lot of places around the city. Inside the city, one can party, shop and eat good food.
Top places to visit –
- Hampi – One of the top historical destination of India
- Badami, Aihole, and Pattadakal – This places is an archaeological delight
- Chitradurga Fort
- Gokarna – Get here to see what Goa was in its heyday(beautiful time)
- Mysore – The cleanest city of India (most beautiful during diwali)
- Coorg – Meet great welcoming people in the green mountains (must visit)
- Chikmagalur – Trek your heart out here in the Mullayanagiri ranges
Top Food to eat –
- Neer Dosa – Authentic Karnataka Food Item
- Korri Gassi
- Kundapura Koli Saaru
- Mysore Masala Dosa
- Mysore Pak
- Coorg Pandi Curry
- Bisi Bele Bath
- Mangalorean Biryani
- Udupi Sambar
- Mango Chutney
- Mysore Bonda
Yes. All the major cities have airports. As Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru is well connected to all the Flights to India. It will be most convenient if you plan to travel to Karnataka.
For a lot of travelers, Kerala is India’s most serenely beautiful state. It is popular for its beaches alongside of Arabain Sea. This state will take you on both the wildest and calmest trip of your life. From hiking in the mountains, canoeing in the backwater, cycling through the spice and coconut plantation, discovering food that is delicious and healthy. With the highest literacy rate in India, people of Kerala are very proficient in English. Thiruvananthapuram is the capital city of Kerala.
Best time to visit – September to March
Best places to visit –
- Kochi & Muziris – the best place to visit architecture and historical sites of history.
- Alleppey – the most backwater trips start from here. Relaxing in the houseboat is most memorable journey of every traveler in kerala
- Marari Beach – 30 mins to Alleppey, take a peaceful beach break at Marari
- Thekkady district – Experience the adventure of wildlife at Periyar National Park
- Munnar – It is tea time! The best place to sprawling tea plantations
- Varkala and Kovalam for beautiful beaches.
- Wayanad – The beautiful green mountains are waiting for your here in Wayanad
- Jatayupara Earth’s Center and Rural Kerala – Must go places to see the local culture and the beauty around are Kovalam, Kumarakom, Wayanad, Thekkady, and Bekal.
Food to eat –
- PUTTU – KADALA CURRY
- APPAM – STEW
- IDIYAPPAM – EGG CURRY
- DOSA – SAMBAR
- MALABAR BIRIYANI
- NAADAN KOZHI VARUTHATHU / SPICY CHICKEN FRY
- KERALA BEEF FRY with MALABAR PAROTTA.
Airport – Yes. The main airport in Kerala is Cochin International Airport, which is well connected with all the other airports of the state. Most flights also offer low fare on Business-class tickets to India at a good price.
Tamil Nadu –
Home to a great number of Indian temples, the state of Tamil Nadu will spark your spiritual being and pull out your traveler out in the mountains and beaches from Kodaikanal to Pondicherry!
Here are sights which will mesmerize you when you go watch the colorful corridors of Ramanathaswamy, the game of Heros – The Jallikattu festival, sweet river water of Siruvani river where water is tastiest in the world and a lot more.
The capital city of Tamil Nadu is Chennai which is hot and humid throughout the year. It is also known as the cultural capital of India, Language can be a barrier in the state of but English will save you at most tourist places.
Best places to visit –
- Otty – Get romantic at the honeymoon spot of India. Otty is a popular hill station with pleasant weather in summer.
- Madurai & Rameshwaram – One of the most famous temples in India.
- KodaiKanal and Vettikanal – Enjoy this hill station, the homemade chocolate and trekking in the friendly forest.
- Kanyakumari – A home to the art and religion for centuries.
- Pondicherry – Come visit the Former French Colonies mixed with Traditional indian culture. Relax and scuba dive at beaches and take a tour of cities old French Architecture.
- Other places – Kumbakonam, Thanjavur, Tiruchirappalli, Hogenakkal
Food to eat –
- Banana Bonda
- Idli-vada Sambar
- Lemon Rice
Best time to visit – November to March
Airport – Chennai International airport.
Andhra Pradesh / Telangana
Andhra Pradesh has two beautiful rivers, Krishna and Godavari and is also blessed by the famous Tirupati Temple of India. The state consists of many vibrant historical monuments that may include temples, mosques, palaces and is rich in arts, crafts, dance, and literature. The capital of Andhra Pradesh Hyderabad is famous for its Biryani. This place was recently divided into two and Telangana is now a separate state. People in this state are friendly, welcoming and easy to communicate with.
Top best tourist spots
- Tirupati – most ancient and sacred pilgrimage sites in India
- Visakhapatnam – Beaches, mountains, wildlife sanctuary are major tourist attractions.
- Vizag – is located among the hills of the Eastern Ghats facing towards the Bay of Bengal.
- Araku Valley – tourist destination with pleasant climate, lush greenery, waterfalls and streams
- Vijayawada – Stone Age artifacts along the banks of River Krishna
- Other places – Nellore, Chittor, Kurnool, Kadapa, Rajahmundry.
Top Food to eat –
- Andhra Chicken biryani
- Gongura Pickle Ambadi
- Chepa Pulusu
- Gutti Vankaya Koora
- Curd Rice
- Dondakaya Fry
Best time to visit – November to February
Airport – Visakhapatnam Airport is the major airport. Along with the Tirupati airport and Puttaparthi Airport .
North India is a lot different than South India. Here is an ultimate guide to the must go places in North India in the year 2020.
- Is traveling to South India costly?
NO! Most places in South India aren’t costly.
Food/Drinks/Stay for a day: $25-$40 (unless you are looking to book your stay in luxury 5 star)
2. Is language a barrier in South India?
Well, South India has the highest literacy rate in the country. Almost everyone can understand and guide you in English.
3. What to wear to the temples of South India?
Wear clothes which are decent and keep you covered in the temples.
- How is the flight facility in India?
It is flawless. With a lot of International airports, you can easily book your last-minute tickets to India at a good price.