Do You Know The Amazing Facts About The Low-Cost IndiGo Airline?
When it comes to Indian Airlines, IndiGo Airlines tops the list. A number of amazing facts about IndiGo Airlines are there which the frequent travelers may not be aware of. Hence here we are discussing the little unknown and interesting points regarding the airlines.
Point 1: IndiGo owns The Largest Fleet Sizes in India:
When it comes to largest fleet in India, IndiGo Airlines has a fleet size of 93 aircraft which is considered as the largest in India. In May 2017, IndiGo has signed for 50 ATR 72-600 for the UDAN regional connectivity scheme.
Point 2: Huge Net Worth of the Airline:
The IndiGo Company has a net income of more than US$50 million in the struggling aviation market of India which is quite amazing for a low budget airline.
Point 3: Beat India’s No.1 Airline & holds the 1st Rank:
Within a short period of time, Indio beat Jet Airways which was the No. 1 airline in India with a market share of 27%.
Point 4: Airline with Minimum Complaints:
Taking about the complaints, the airline receives the lowest number of complaints per passenger as compared to other airlines in India.
Point 5: Marvelous On-time performance:
The airline is also known for its divine on-time performance which is 94.3%.
Point 6: Won Several Awards:
IndiGo has won a number of awards which include the following ones:
- Award for ‘Best low-cost carrier by the Airline Passengers Association of India’ in the year 2007
- Award for ‘Best low-cost carrier at the Galileo Express Travel Awards’ in the year 2008
- Award for ‘Best low-cost airline by CNBC Awaaz’ in the year 2009 and 2013
- Award for ‘Best low-cost carrier in C Asia/ India by SKYTRAX’ exclusively for five consecutive years, including 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016
- Award for ‘Best LCC Aviation award for excellence by Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation’ in the year 2015
Point 7: Delhi Airport as its Primary Hub:
Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport is the primary hub for the airline company.
Point 8: Operates more than 600 Flights:
The IndiGo Airline Company operates more than 600 daily flights to more than 38 destinations in India and abroad.
Point 9: Support International Flights to Several Destinations:
The IndiGo airline company has international flights from New Delhi and Mumbai to several destinations. It includes destinations like Bangkok, Kathmandu, Singapore, Muscat, and Dubai.
Point 10: Airbus’s single largest order:
In 2014, IndiGo agreed to buy 250 brand new A320neo aircraft worth US$25.7 billion. This order marks as the Airbus’s single largest order by a number of aircraft in its history.
- Rahul Bhatia is the founder of IndiGo Airlines, under parent company InterGlobe Enterprises.
- In the year 2006, IndiGo Airlines received its first A320.
- IndiGo usually phases out aircraft older than six years to keep an average age low.