Everyone plans to make their touring experience to go without hurdles and utilize minimum time. To add extra comfort to their journey, people spend a lot of money and time. Nowadays, the majority of the travelers prefer air travel rather than any other mode. This enhances their traveling experience and add a glimpse of convenience to their overall trip. But when it comes to air travel, there are a number of rules which one need to follow. And these rules become double when you are traveling with your kids. There are some Child Age Limit For Flight Ticket To India. Things become little trickier and along with that, a number of restrictions as well as allowances are also added the rule book of different airlines. Hence there is no need to worry about anything. Because there are some rules that you need to follow while you are flying with infant.
Here we are discussing the top Airlines of India and their infant policies and Child Age Limit For Flight Ticket To India. That means all you need to know like what is the child age limit for flight ticket to India and other queries while traveling.
- If you are carrying child who has not yet reached his/her second birthday comes under this policy.
- Infant tickets for normal fares will be charged at 10% of the adult fare however, the same may vary for special Fares.
- In Domestic travel the infant base fare is INR 1000 (subject to change without Notice).
- Applicable taxes, Airline Fuel Charges, and fees will be charged in addition to this fare.
- Besides that you should know that Infant discounts are sometimes not applicable for special discounted fares.
- If the infant has crossed his second birthday when the journey commences, then the ticket would have to be issued with a part infant and part child fare. No seat will be allotted for an infant traveling on an infant ticket. If a seat is required the infant should pay the child fare.
- If you are traveling in a flight of Air India with your kid, then you need to know following set of rules regarding Air India infant policy so that you can travel without hap-hazard.
- While traveling with a child whose age is 2 years (24 months) or less than that, then you are allowed to travel in the flight without acquiring any seat for your infant. That means these kids can sit on an adult’s lap.
- Passengers are only allowed to carry one child as a lap child per adult.
- In case, you travel with more than one child under the age of 2, then you have to purchase a seat for every additional kid, you are traveling with.
- Proper child restraint device would be a perfect option in order to purchase a seat for your infant.
If a child is traveling on an adult’s lap and if he or she is of two years (24 months), then usually 10% of the adult fare including the taxes is charged.
Amenities: Passengers can request for the bassinets at the time of reservations, ticketing and reconfirmation of the booking. The bassinets should be according to the dimensions 71 cm x 36 cm x 19 cm (L x B x H). The baby must be 2 years or less and must fit in the bassinet properly.
Restrictions: The lap children and infants are not allowed to sit in the exit row. Along with that, infant seats are not allowed in the row directly in front of or directly behind an exit.
Special Note: Infant below the age of 14 days is not allowed to travel in international as well as in domestic flights.
But if there is any kind of emergency, or there is a need of a live saving treatment, the infant is allowed to fly with the mother. But the newly born should be certified fit to fly by the MBBS doctor.
Child of the age more than 2 years:
If you are flying with a child who has reached his/her second birthday but not yet reached his/her twelfth Birthday on the date of commencement of journey. Child tickets for international travel are 75% of the basic normal adult fare. On the other hand if the travel is domestic nil discounts apply for travel in economy and 75% of the basic normal fare in business and first class.
“Infants” are the children above the age of 7 days and below 2 years on the date of travel and “passengers” are those above 2 years of age on the date of travel. Infants are allowed to travel with their parent’s/guardian (separate seat will not be provided for infants). Besides that applicable charges would be levied per sector towards the infant’s booking.
Spice Jet has its own rules regarding traveling with infants, which are as follow:
- Children lying between the age limit of 7 days and 2 years on the date of travel are classified as infants.
- Infants need to travel with adults. A separate seats will not be provided to them as they need to travel as lap children.
- Passengers traveling with infants need to specify that they are traveling with the infant at the time of booking.
- Only one infant is allowed to travel with the adult per head.
- You need to show the proof of age of the infant for inspection process at the airport. So do carry the Infant’s Passport/valid ID.
- No car seats or push chairs are allowed in the aircraft cabin.
- According to the rules no Infant qualifies for the free Baggage allowance.
How to book a seat for an Infant?
If you are someone who is booking tickets for an infant then you need to specify the same at the time of booking. There is an option of checking the infant option also. You can not directly take the infant directly with you at the airport and show the documents. This is not a way. Book tickets online you will get a rebate or discount only.
Click here to know more.
For safety purposes, children above the age of seven 7 days and under the age of two 2 years, as on the date of travel, can travel as Infants.
To make infant travel in flight indigo easy and convenient, you must know the following points:
- Are you traveling in one of the IndiGo flights? You must know that the airline concludes children above the age of seven 7 days and under the age of two 2 years as infants for safety reasons.
- Passengers need to provide the age proof at the time of web check-in.
- In case, you don’t have any valid proof of age for the infant, then you need to pay the full fare on the date of booking. Along with that, infants are allowed to travel only subject to availability of seats.
- There is no requirement for booking extra seats for infants as they have the option of sitting on adult’s lap.
- In a single flight, the maximum number of 12 infants is allowed to travel.
- Only one infant is allowed to travel as lap infant per adult.
- A maximum of 7 kg as hand baggage is permitted for infants.
Valid ID proof for Infants:
- Birth Certificate
- Mother’s hospital discharge summary
- Vaccination certificate
Vistara is another India airline. Let us check infant policies provided by this airline.
Children below the age of 18 are classified into four categories:
- Infants younger than 7 days
- Infants between 7 days and 2 years
- Children between the age of 5 and 12 years
- Young travellers between the age of 13 and 18 years
For the safety purposes, you are recommended to keep the following things in mind:
- When infant is younger than 7 days, a medical authorization from is required by Customer Service Centre.
- On the other hand if the age of infant is between 7 days and 2 years of age, they require valid ID.
- Furthermore children of age between 5 to 12 are unaccompanied minors. INR 2500/- will be charged for each unaccompanied minor
Read More: Click
1.> What is the minimum age for flight ticket in India?
ANS:- Children up to two years old (24 months), are not required to have their own seat as these children may sit on an adult’s lap. Only one lap child is allowed per adult. If one adult is traveling with more than one infant under two years of age, a seat will have to be purchased for the second infant.
2.> Is flight ticket required for child?
ANS:- Infants, which are defined as younger than 2 years old don’t need a plane ticket as long as they are seated on their parent’s or guardian’s lap.
3.> What is proof required for child in domestic flights?
ANS:- Children should carry their school identification cards or any other photo identification proof, Valid birth certificates of infants, For travel under Concessionary fare types valid relevant IDs.