Emirates Become World First Airline To Introduce 3D Cabin Technology!
Emirates has become the first airline to introduce web virtual reality technology on its digital platform. The 3D seat model is a visualization engine that displays an immersive 3D 360-degree view of the interior of the Emirates A380 and the Emirates Boeing 777. It is giving customers a chance to explore the aircraft interior and seating.
3D SeatMapVR Feature Allows users to navigate through the economy, business and first class cabins, as well as the onboard lounge and shower spa on the Emirates A380 using navigational hotspots.
The senior vice president for corporate communications of Emirates Alex Knigge said, “In our usability tests with customers, we found that they particularly appreciated the 3D seat and cabin models when selecting their seats.”
The airline said that the high-quality 3D-generated graphics are now available for the three-class Emirates A380. But, it will soon include renderings of the entire fleet of Emirates including all configurations of the A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft.
- The 3D 360-degree views of the cabins also feature a virtual reality element for a more immersive experience.
- Users can enjoy hands-free cabin navigation and seat selection by using any VR headset such as Google Cardboard.
- This technology is compatible with all devices without the need for external applications or plug-ins.
- Through mobile devices or the Emirates app for iOS and Android, customers can access emirates.com to explore seats before checking in online with the 3D seat map.
- This allows customers to navigate from one seat to another and book preferred seats from within the 3D environment.
The 3D seat models were created in partnership with Spanish company Renacen, which specializes in cutting-edge software development.