Before your travel through any of the British Airways flight, be sure to visit the baggage guide. It not only makes you aware regarding the rules but also let you get the details of the numerous baggage size restrictions and fees before you travel.
As every airline has its regulations regarding the baggage or bookings, so as the British Airways has. While traveling through any Airline, you must know the restrictions they put on the baggage or luggage you carry. So if you are in search of information in regards to British Airways extra baggage charges or restrictions related to that, then probably following points can help you regarding this.
Limits related to Baggage:
- Hand Baggage Limits:
In the case of hand baggage, all passengers are allowed to carry one piece and a small item like a purse or a briefcase with them on board. According to British Airways hand baggage allowance, dimensions related to the hand baggage are 56cm x 45cm x 25cm and the small item should not exceed the limits of 40cm x 30cm x 15cm. Both the items should not be more than 23 kg. If your hand baggage exceeds the limits, then it will be added into your checked baggage and if it exceeds that limit too, then you have to pay extra for that.
- Checked Baggage Limits:
The limit related to checked baggage to each customer depends upon your booking or fare or ticket type. Anyhow, each piece of your luggage must not be larger than 90cm x 75cm x 43cm including the handles, wheels etc. The weight allowance attached to it is either 23 kg or 32 kg depending upon your ticket type.
- Extra Baggage Limits:
As per the British Airways extra baggage charges, each person is allowed to carry up to 10 items of luggage per flight. It includes the allocated checked luggage allowance that comes with their flights.
British Airways Baggage allowance for students:
If you need to know anything regarding the baggage allowance for the student, then the following points related to British Airways baggage allowance for students are for you.
- Firstly, students are only eligible for the offer.
- To avail this offer, students need to send the specific documents at least 7 days before departure.
- You need to have a Student visa or Student Exchange Visa.
- This offer is valid only for travel originating in India.
- Additional baggage allowances are applicable on flights operated by respective airline only.
Limits Regarding Musical Instruments and Sporting Equipment:
If you are traveling in one of the British Airways flight, then the musical instruments and sporting equipment, you take with you is included in your checked baggage allowance. And you are not allowed to carry anything heavier than 45 kg as per the British Airways baggage weight. And the dimensions for the same are 190cm x 75cm x 65cm; otherwise, you need to pay extra for it.
Allowances related to carrying Liquids and gels:
If you are going to carry stuff like cream, hair gel, hairspray, liquid medicines, food items like soups, sauces, jam, etc; then you need to read the British Airways checked baggage restrictions:
- The quantity of the liquids must not be more than 100 ml or 3.4 oz.
- All the liquid items should be put into plastic, transparent and re-sealable bags which should be up to 20 x 20cm.
- The total capacity of the liquid should not exceed one liter.
British Airways Baggage allowance for pets:
If you are traveling with a recognized assistance dog, then you can easily travel with it without any extra charge in the cabin of British Airways.
For other pets, you need to carry them with their carriers and it is counted as a part of your cargo.
Disability and mobility assistance:
If you are dealing with mobility, visual, hearing or developmental impairments, then you need to inform the flight officials at least 48 hours before your flight. You have the facility to take your own wheelchair.
Allowances related to traveling with infants:
Following points may help you while traveling with your kids or infants:
- You must hold a ticket for your infant’s journey.
- If you are traveling with an infant who is more than 2 years, then you need to book a seat for him/her too.
- If more than one infant under the age of 2 years is traveling with you, a separate seat will have to be purchased for each additional infant.
Hence while traveling through any of the British Airlines, you need to give a look at the above-discussed points.