CHICAGO: United Airlines is celebrating its 20 years of service to Italy. And on this occasion, the airline is offering a special service i.e. ‘year-round service’ to their customers. This special offer is for the route between New York/Newark and Rome.
United is also in a mood to expand its current summer seasonal daily schedule. Hence, the airline is offering the service from November 2017 through to March 2018 and this facility will involve operations three times a week.
The main part is that the airline is continuing its seasonal services to Rome especially during the summer months. And this will include its hubs at New York/Newark Liberty, Chicago O’Hare and Dulles International Airport.
With the increase in services of United Airlines in Italy, the career is reaching new heights. As compared with the services in the beginning i.e. 1997, United has increased its customers to more than 7.6 million with nearly 42,000 flights between US and Italy alone.
United is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the services to Milan Malpensa (MXP) from New York/Newark along with a decade of service to Rome from its hub at Washington Dulles. The carrier is also offering nonstop seasonal service to Venice (VCE) from New York/Newark.
Marcel Fuchs (United’s vice president of Atlantic Sales) stated that “Expanding our schedule to operate year-round to Rome means more customers from throughout the U.S. have additional opportunities to visit Italy.”
What Are The Onboard Products & Services?
- The services and the facilities which the passengers are going to experience in the United’s flight between New York/Newark and Rome includes 39 flat-bed seats in United Polaris business class and 203 seats in United Economy, including 70 Economy Plus seats. The carrier is operated with Boeing 767-400 aircraft which supports a total of 242 seats and this offer is throughout the summer season.
- Coming to the winter season, from 9th of November to 7th of March, 2018; passengers can serve the service by Boeing 767-300 aircraft. It will include a total of 214 seats and this will include 30 flat-bed seats in United Polaris business class plus 184 seats in United Economy and 49 Economy Plus seats.
- Along with this, there is a special facility for the intercontinental travelers in the United Polaris business class. In addition to that, there is also the availability of elevated in-flight food and beverages and tranquil custom bedding from Saks Fifth Avenue with exclusive amenity kits.
- United is also offering additional legroom space for the passengers to make their traveling experience comfortable and convenient. The seats will give the added benefit of allowing a swifter exit from the plane on arrival as these are located near the front of the economy cabin.
- United is also offering a wide range of food items to the economy passengers which involves stuff like food, juices, soft drinks, beer and wine, tea & coffee along with the in-flight entertainment. Along with that, passengers can also avail the option of an adjustable headrest and a personal on-demand entertainment system.
United keeps on improving its services from the last month especially after the sudden Dr. Dao incident. Whether it is the introducing new non-stop flights or launching an 18-hour flight between Los Angeles and Singapore which probably be the longest flight covering the route to or from the US.