With more than 1400 tigers within its boundary, India holds nearly 50 percent of the world’s tiger count. Besides that, unrolled over 40 different national parks, tigers bloom in India. Therefore, if you are looking for the best tiger safaris in India, you should visit the parks with the maximum number of tigers, depth safari option, and good visibility.
Here are The Top Tiger Safaris in India to Spot Tigers
1. Bandhavgarh National Park
This wildlife sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh has the highest density of the country’s national animals. Moreover, here, 100 square kilometers host a spread of 50 tigers. In fact, the park was also popular for white tigers. It has almost fifty years since any sightings of the white tiger species. In contrast, other animals you will see here are sambhar, chital, wild boar, wild dog, Indian fox, leopard, bison, blue bull, antelope, nilgai and others.
Well, the greatest way to get close to tigers is by selecting a jeep and elephant safari. However, this park has four zones to cover, and authorities permit only a very limited number of vehicles to enter each zone every day. Hence, pre booking is very important to enter this national park. Not to mention, this national park is famous among the Top 10 Best Tiger Safari in India.
- Foremost Time For Tiger Spotting: April to June closed on all Wednesdays.
- Safari Timing: 5.30 a.m. to 10 am and 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Neighboring Airport: Jabalpur Airport, which is 197 km away from the park.
2. Ranthambore National Park
This park is one of the widest in the country and is very popular among international wild photographers. Once a predatory ground, this point is now a protection site for tigers and a head tiger reserve. Furthermore, other important animals to spot here are jungle cats, Indian foxes, crocodiles, leopards, sloth bears, jackals and others. Thus, tigers are mostly spotted in the Bakula region of the park, which has various dense forests and multiple watering holes. After all, Ranthambore has many interesting tiger stores. On the other hand, this park is home to the world’s longest-living tigress. That’s why it comes under one of the best tiger safaris in India.
The queen of Park Machli was 20 years old when she passed away, which is way higher than the average life span of 10–15 years. Nonetheless, the tigress received a lifetime achievement award for being the most popular tourist destination and for significantly contributing to conservation. Not to mention, there are 10 zones in Ranthambore National Park, and zone 4 has an elevated population of tigers.
- Appropriate Time for Tiger Spotting: April to May
- Tiger Safari Timing: 7am to 10.30 am, and 2.30 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Nearest Airport: Jaipur Airport, which is 132 km away from the park.
3. Jim Corbett National Park
This is one of the most reputable national parks in the country, and one of the oldest ones too. In addition, this park in the middle of the beautiful foothills of the Himalayas has a huge landscape, making it commendable for a formation of animals to boom. Therefore, head animals to spot in this park apart from tigers are droning bears, gorals, fishing cats, leopards, chitals, barking deer and others. In a nutshell, the supreme way to spot a tiger is by visiting the eastern part of the park, Bijrani.
Alternatively, you can opt for a panoramic view by visiting the eastern part of the park and observing tigers from elevated watchtowers in Dhikala and other regions. Tourists seem to stay in forests and rest houses in Dhikala Zone overnight to see tigers in action. Additionally, Bijrani Zone has a soaring density of tigers. In contrast, Jhirna zone visitor’s spot tigers more frequently; however, it is also famous for bird watching.
- Prime Time for Tiger Spotting: March to June
- Safari Timing: 6.30 am to 10 a.m. and 1.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Nearby Airport: Patnagar Airport, which is 50km away from the park.
4. Kanha National Park
This national park is best narrated as the background for the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling. However, because open grasslands cover a large portion of the park, it has a high visibility. Therefore, apart from spotting tigers, you can also discover the gaur, palm squirrel, striped hyena, chinkara, and others. Well, the best way to spot tigers is by taking the early morning elephant safari from Mukki Access to the park. So without any delay, book your flights from USA to India now and visit this amazing national park.
- Suitable Time for Tiger Spotting: April to June
- Tiger Safari Timing: Sunrise to 10 am, and from 3.30 pm to sunset.
- Accessible Airport: Jabalpur airport, which is 175 km away from the park.
5. Satpura National Park
Tigers are born hunters who are by nature attuned to hide and survive in silence. Besides that, expecting such an animal to appear when a long line of canters and jeeps runs into the jungle is pointless. Hence, Satpura permits only 12 vehicles per day. The appropriate place to witness tigers is the Sonbhadra River. During the summer, you can discover tigers swimming in rivers to get rid of heat.
However, this is one of the few tiger reserves where you can take walking tours. Therefore, apart from tigers, you can spot wild boars, chinkaras, chitals, gaurs, hyenas, black buck and others. As a result, this national park has the finest tiger safaris in India.
- Perfect Time for Tiger Spotting: April and May
- Safari Timing: 7am to 11am
- Within Reach Airport: Bhopal airport, which is 135 km away from the park.
6. Pench National Park
Located in the center of the nation, Pench National Park encompasses 758 kilometers of forested land. Moreover, it grasps 43 tigers within its boundaries. Therefore, the lake regions are common tiger detecting sites. In fact, this park is among the topmost tiger safaris in India. Apart from the royal Bengal tiger, you can see barking deer, hyenas, Indian leopards, foxes, slow bears, wild bears, wild dog and others.
However, there are seven zones of safari in the park. Not to mention, the Turla region is a well-known region for spotting tigers. During the summer, tigers congregate in the Turla area around the stream. A night safari is also available in this park. Canteras and jeep safaris are common options to explore the regions and witness tigers.
- Appropriate Time for Tiger Spotting: March to June
- Safari Timing: 7.30am to 10.30am and 4pm to 6.30pm (Timing changes according to season)
- Closest Airport: Dr. Baba Sahib Ambedkar International Airport, which is 92 kilometers away from the park.
7. Tadoba National Park
Tadoba is the wide ranging park of Maharashtra and also the oldest one in India. In addition, this park is popular for spotting tigers and has the foremost tiger safaris in India. However, safaris start from either of the two entry gates, namely the Moharli Gate and Kolara Gate. Apart from tigers, this park is popular for jungle cats, crocodiles, barking deer, sambar, Indian leopards, and others.
However, the finest spotting region is the Mohurlli Gate region. Therefore, there are also great accommodation facilities in the region. Not to mention, this place will be very hot during the summer season. So, if you are looking for tigers, it is best to visit this forest region during the height of summer.
- Prime Time For Tiger Spotting: March to May
- Safari Timing: 5.30 am to 10am and 3pm to 6.30 p.m. (Timings change according to the season.)
- Immediate Airport: Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar International Airport, which is 140 km away from the park.
To See Our Latest Flight Offers: Click Here
8. Nagarhole National Park
Named after the Nagarhole River in Karnataka, this national park has one of the most beautiful tiger safaris in India. Well, this national park belongs to Mysore and Kodagu. In fact, Nagarhole National Park is part of the popular Nilgiris Biosphere Reserve and is well-known for being a safe haven for tigers and elephants. Apart from the wonderful species of land, the park is also known for leopards, wild boars, sloth bears, bison and more than 250 species of birds.
However, there are three entry points for safari, the Veerana Hosahalli Nanachi and Antharasan gates. At the same time, there are two options for discovering tigers. Hence, you can opt for a canter safari or a jeep safari that runs deeper into the forests and covers the top tiger’s habitat locations. Last but not least, boat trips are also available during peak season.
- Foremost Time For Tiger Spotting: April to June
- Safari Timing: 6am to 8am, from 3pm to 5pm
- Within Reach Airport: Mandakalli Airport, which is 98 km away from the park.
9. Bandipur National Park
Bandipur, along with Nagarhole and Mudumalai, abides as a prime tiger population region in southern ghat. However, experts assume that the tiger population in the Western Ghats constitutes one-fourth of the country’s total tiger population. Moreover, it is one of the most pleasing tiger safaris in India. However, this park offers bus safaris, elephant safaris, and beach safaris. Therefore, if you are choosing to spot tigers, it is best to opt for an elephant safari or a jeep safari.
Stationed on the Ooty Mysore highway, this park is one of the famous destinations for sporting tigers and elephants. Not to mention, the park covers two states. Therefore, on the Tamil Nadu site, this park is well- known as Mudumalai Reserve. On the other hand, the north west region of the park, along with the Kabini region, is popular for spotting tigers during the summer season. Apart from tigers, you can discover Nilgiri, tahr, langur, Indian hare, leopard and many others.
- Perfect Time for Tiger Spotting: March to June
- Safari Timing: 6.30 am to 9am and 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Nearest Airport: Coimbatore International Airport, which is 84 km away from the park.
10. Periyar National Park
Periyar National Park is an essential wildlife sanctuary as well as a tourism attraction in Kerala. Apart from tigers and elephants, this place is rich with Indian wild dogs, sambar, wild pigs, barking deer, mouse deer, Nilgiri langur, Nilgiri Tahr and others. This national park has one of the leading tiger safaris in India.
However, if you want to increase your chances of spotting tigers, you have to reach the park very early in the morning. Therefore, boating in the Periyar Lake is the best way to see thirsty tigers with cubs. Although the likelihood of seeing tigers in this park is extremely low, wearing binoculars increases your chances of seeing tigers.
- Accurate Time for Tiger Spotting: March to June
- Safari Timing: 7.25 a.m. to 4 p.m.; boat ride early morning to 3pm
- Within Reach Airport: Kochi International Airport, which is 140 km away from the park.
Top 6 Tips to Make your Tiger Safari Special in India
- Tiger safaris are highly sought-after, and booking in advance is crucial to secure your spot. In fact, many reserves accept online reservations up to 120 days in advance, so plan your trip accordingly.
- Even in the largest tiger population density regions, seeing tigers is not a certain event.
- However, some tourists take back to back safaris for multiple days to increase their chances of witnessing a tiger.
- Elephant safari is the best option to get near the tigers. Moreover, Jeep safaris will take you deep into the forest, into the domain of tigers.
- Tiger spotting requires complete silence. However, making a party on the safari will turn the animals away.
- Make sure to follow your guide’s advice while on a safari. This wonderful animal is a highly known carnivorous animal. Hence, your safety is very important.
Here is comprehensive information on the finest tiger safaris in India and all these national parks offer awe-inspiring creatures that you will love. We hope that all this information will help you during your visit to national parks. From Bandhavgarh to Periyar National Park, each safari offers a unique glimpse into the majestic world of tigers. Additionally, to travel comfortably, follow our tips and enjoy your journey with your friends and family. So plan your trip to India, travel to this top national park and see amazing creatures. And for more such content or other international travel offers, you can subscribe to our website, FlyDealFare. Finally, for any travel related query, call us at our toll free number, +1-877-771-1620.