Required Information & Guidance Regarding TSA Pre-check Rules!
Travelers love vacations, but a trip with kids can be little stressful in regards to what to pack, how to pack, what to bring on a plane and how to pass security check without losing next flight. In spite of all that TSA Pre-check can make it much easier and faster going through airport security. It is worth the time and expense of the application process and would recommend it to anyone flying from US airports more than once a year.
Below is an ultimate guide to TSA pre-check rules, which will lead you to know the benefits, requirements, and considerations of TSA Pre-check.
What is TSA Pre-check?
TSA Pre-Check is a program that enables travelers to go through security without removing your shoes, belt, light outerwear, laptop and bag with liquids. Often, there is a separate line, which is usually shorter and faster. But, TSA Pre-check is only available when flying on certain airlines. A program that gets U.S. travelers through the airport screening process much faster by using a dedicated TSA Pre-check lane.
Eligibility For TSA Pre-check
You may be invited to opt-in for TSA Pre-Check if you are a US citizen and active elite member of any of the partner airlines’ Frequent Flyer Programs. With FFP’s airlines, you are only eligible to go through TSA Pre-Check. You must have a “Known Traveler Number” (KTN) in order to be eligible for TSA Pre-Check for all airlines that allow for the service.
U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and Lawful Permanent Residents are eligible for TSA Pre-check. The other optimal benefit of TSA Pre-check is, a parent can travel with children under 12 years who has TSA Pre-check.
How Do You Get TSA Pre-check?
Enroll for TSA Pre-check to. Many are located at the airports themselves. You will need to bring certain documentation, which varies depending on your primary identification. Most U.S. citizens will need a driver’s license and birth certificate or U.S. passport. You can determine which documents you will need and your eligibility on the Transportation Security Administration required documents section. Following points will help you to fill a Pre-check application form. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and have never violated any customs or immigration laws.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- Fill out an online application on the TSA website. The application is straightforward, but mention the list your employment history as well as every country you’ve visited over the past 5 years.
- After completing the application, you can expect to receive a response within a week. If the application is approved, you will be eligible to schedule an in-person interview at one of the centers around the country. Although walk-ins are welcome, it’s recommended that you make an appointment.
- When you go to the interview, you will be required to bring identifying documents such as a U.S. passport or a driver’s license, and a birth certificate. You will be fingerprinted and asked questions that confirm the details on your application, as well as about your travel habits. You’ll also need to pay the nonrefundable application fee.
- The last step is simply to wait. If your application is approved, you’ll receive a notification letter with your known traveler number (KTN), which you can use when booking flights. Your boarding pass will say TSA PRECHK, making you eligible to enter the Pre-check line.
Benefits & Perks
The most significant perk that TSA Pre-Check offers is the ability to bypass normally slow-moving security lanes in favor of an expedited one, saving you from experiencing considerable frustration and wasted time over the long run. By going through the TSA Pre-Check lane, passengers no longer have to remove:
- The 3-1-1 liquid compliant bag
- Light outerwear/jackets
Where is TSA Pre-check Available?
Currently, the TSA Pre-Check program is now available in over 160 US airports, with 37 participating airlines. Operating hours are different at every airport. You can show your TSA pre-check boarding pass whether TSA Pre-check lane is opened or not.
The following airlines are partners with TSA Pre-check:
|Aeromexico||Air Canada||Air France||Air Serbia||Alaska Airlines||All Nippon Airways||Allegiant Airlines|
|American Airlines||Aruba Airlines||Avianca||Boutique Airlines||British Airways||Brussels Airlines||Cape Air|
|Cathay Pacific Airways||Condor Airlines||Contour Aviation||Copa Airlines||Delta Air Lines||Dominican Wings||Emirates|
|Etihad||Finnair||Frontier Airlines||Hawaiian Airlines||InterCarribbean Airways||JetBlue Airways||Key Lime Air|
|KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Korean Air||Lufthansa||Miami Air International||OneJet||Philippine Airlines||Porter Airlines|
|Scandinavian Airlines||Seaborne Airlines||Silver Airways||Singapore Airlines||Southern Airways Express||Southwest Airlines||Spirit Airlines|
|Sun Country Airlines||Sunwing Airlines||Swift Air||Thomas Cook Airlines (Scandinavia)||Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)||Turkish Airlines||United Airlines|
|Virgin America||Virgin Atlantic||WestJet||World Atlantic||Xtra Airways|