Citizens of other countries need an Indian visa for traveling to India, except Nepal, Bhutan, and Maldives. The travelers of these three countries can stay in India for up to 90 days without a visa.
The other nationals who need a visa to enter in India should apply for a visa at the Indian embassy or in an immigration company. Once, you get a visa means you are permitted to enter a country and stay there for a specific period of time.
When the purpose of visit to India does not match with any other type of visa guidelines, then you need to apply for an ‘ENTRY VISA’. This is also granted to a person who has held Indian nationality or a child or grandchild of a person held Indian nationality. The persons of Indian origin have to apply for this Visa instead of a Tourist Visa.
So, an entry visa to India for US citizens helps you to provide the information on how to fulfill the requirements and how can you apply for it.
How to Apply?
Citizens can apply for a visa both online and offline. In case of offline visa application, you can download the application form and fill it with required details. And the applicants can also fill the application form online by visiting indianvisaonline.gov.in site. Then, submit the filled application form at your concerned visa application center.
Step 1: –
Click on the “Regular Visa Application” option on the “indianvisaonline.gov.in”. And then, continue to the next page by filling the correct information in the required fields.
Fill the required fields with the valid information after clicking on the Online Visa Application option.
Take out a printed copy of application form and sign it. Then, attach the photographs in the required fields. It is well and good if attached photograph meets the specifications and sizes that are given below.
- Attach the colored photograph and ensure that it has a proper size that is of 2 x 2 inches (50 mm x 50 mm).
- The photographs have a front view along with a plain/white background. But do not staple and tape the photographs with the application form.
Step 4: –
- Attach a clear photocopy of a Driver License or state resident ID. But the address on the ID must be same as the address on the visa application.
- You can also attach a photocopy of a valid document that contains a proper signature of landlord/tenant.
Step 5: –
Click on the “Verified and Continue” button but make sure that the information you enter in the fields is correct. After that, a confirmation box will open that will show the Applicant Name and Number.
Do not try to make the handwritten corrections on the application form; otherwise, they will reject your application form.
Step 6: –
Submit your documents and the visa application form to the selected Visa Center after scheduling an appointment. You can also post the application form with the other relevant documents to the specified address.
Step 7: –
You can pay your visa fee online and you can also pay cash at the time of your appointment.
Step 8: –
Check your visa status online. All you need to do is to visit the website and keep certain information handy. To know your online visa status, you may be required to put the Passport number and Application ID into the fields.
An Invitation letter is required from the concerned organization that is held in India along with the proper sign of senior manager and brief information about the applicant’s position. It is valid for three months to six months for a single entry.
Proof of Relationship:
For the spouse, a copy of the marriage license is required.
And also attach a photocopy of your spouse’s current Indian passport or a copy of his/her employment visa.
The Applicants who are under the Age of 18:
The minors must have the Parental Authorization.
- The minor must have the copy of his/her birth certificate.
- Make sure that the minor child has a copy of parents’ signed passports.
- A minor child has an appropriate signature inside the box that is under the photo on the first page of the application. The signature of the child is not necessary but the signatures of the parents are important on the second page of the application form.
- The visa application must be signed and notarized by both the parents.
- A copy of a parent’s driver’s license or utility bill can also be used as proof of residential address.
- A minor must submit a copy of the parent’s canceled Indian Passport and a copy of the parent’s Renunciation Certificate.
For Atlanta: The copy of both sides of Permanent Resident Card, Employment Authorization Card and long-term US visa is a must.
For Chicago, New York, Houston and Washington, DC: Original, notarized Parental Authorization for Minors.
For San Francisco: They also need a copy of parent’ bank statements. If the minor child is traveling alone then provide the parents’ past three bank statements.
This Visa is granted for a specific purpose like for short-term courses and unpaid internships or other non-business related purposes.
This Visa to India is granted to the following:
- If the person belongs to India or the person’s ancestor belongs to India or have an Indian origin.
- Family members like spouse or child of a person are also eligible for it in India.
You can enter in India if you have a valid passport with a valid Indian visa. And including minor children, each one of you must have a valid visa to travel to India.
- The validity of this Visa starts from the date of visa issuance, not from the date of entry into India.
- Valid for six months to one year stay with multiple entries.
- On a yearly basis, the Extension of this visa is up to 5 years in India.
The fee for this Visa is varies between the countries that are according to the agreement of governments. The fees of Visa are divided into various types, such as reference fee, basic visa fee, and other service charges.
Complete the Global Reservation Form and ensure that the same number of months is selected on both forms.
So, here we provide the important information about how to apply for an Entry Visa when you have planned to travel India from the USA. The few things you can do are read the instruction, fulfill the requirements and then make your trip easy.