A new pop-up Virtual Reality (VR) Experience Center by software developer PeriscapeVR has been introduced at John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York. It is located in Terminal 4’s retail lounge.
Its main feature is its curated virtual reality. It will offer immersive entertainment experiences to more than 70,000 daily passengers while traveling. The Experience Center has a number of features and one of which is its several freestanding VR towers with a total of 12 stations. Experiences last 5-10 minutes, but the cost will depend upon for how many minutes passengers used it.
The founder and CEO of PeriscapeVR, Lynn Rosenthal remarked, “the meaning of PeriscapeVR is ‘escape within’. It was created for travelers who want a fun or want to enjoy some sort of things from airport crowds and long hours between flights. As a frequent traveler, I recognized there was a gap in the market for this kind of airport entertainment, and I am delighted to be bringing PeriscapeVR to JFK T4.”
So, here are the experiences that are sectioned into 5 categories and feature content. These are carefully curated to appeal to a wide variety of air travelers.
- First Time – theBlu: Reef migration, whale encounter, and the luminous With the largest species on Earth, an undersea encounter is a witness of the magnificence of an undersea coral reef migration on the edge. It is a venture into the deepest region of the ocean to discover the iridescent abyss.
- Experience – Irrational Exuberance: Transport to beautiful, mysterious, and incredible worlds. In deep space, a journey to imaginary worlds as an explorer. With worlds of wildly different sensations, interactions, and impossible vistas, discover and interact with deep space phenomena.
- Create – MasterpieceVR: Shape your creativity. One of the best is its colorful environments, tangible objects, and high-quality 3D models with VR’s most powerful sculpting and painting tool.
- Play – Fruit Ninja and AudioShield: Fruit Ninja VR takes squishy, satisfying gameplay and turns it into a virtual reality experience. Players of all ages and skill levels can enjoy these services. So to tackle fruit from all angles, step into the Fruit Ninja universe. At the point of impact of every beat in a song, AudioShield brings musical favorites to life, putting participants.
- Social Cause – Notes on Blindness: Into Darkness and into the foreign land of the sightless – A magical and mesmerizing VR journey. The interactive experience uses binaural audio and real-time 3D animations to create a fully immersive journey through a world beyond sight, which is based on John Hull’s sensory and psychological experience of blindness.
For seamless immersion into virtual worlds, the state-of-the-art HP Windows Mixed Reality Headsets is used by the VR Experience Center. Its HP Z240 Tower Workstations provide the required performance levels. The architect Gensler has designed the center itself.
The global head of virtual reality Joanna Popper said, “HP is proud to have been chosen to power the virtual-reality technology needs of PeriscapeVR for its groundbreaking experience at one of the world’s most visited airports. Location Based Entertainment, HP. “We are glad to offer travelers the creativity, innovation and escape of virtual reality, And apart from this we are excited that they will experience this content through HP’s technology. With the PeriscapeVR team, we look forward to making this the first huge success of many together.”