Multiple passengers face a number of restrictions and have to follow a lot of rules and regulations when it comes to carrying of different stuff and items on a plane. Basically, these guidelines are made to ensure security to the passengers. You can not carry each and everything in your carry-bag or hand bag. There are some Restricted Items On Qatar Airways.
Yes, these restrictions may have adverse impacts on the travelers as it leads to delays and some time may stop passengers to board the plane. Hence, in order to prevent delays to you as well as to other passengers, it is preferable to study the list of restricted items linked to the specific airline in which you are traveling. Along with that, don’t forget to read out the rules regarding the packaging of special items in accordance with the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA).
Like any other airline, also includes several rules on checked-in and carry-on baggage. And a big list is there in relation to the restricted items and their limit too. Here is the list of Restricted Items On Qatar Airways .
RESTRICTED ITEMS IN HAND BAGGAGE:
RESTRICTED ITEMS IN CHECKED-IN BAGGAGE:
HAND BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE IN QATAR AIRWAYS:
CHECKED-IN BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE IN QATAR AIRWAYS:
RESTRICTIONS ON SPECIAL BAGGAGE ITEMS:
ITEMS WHICH MAY NEED SPECIAL APPROVAL FROM THE AIRLINE:
There are certain items which are not allowed to carry on planes as per the rules but after taking special permission from the Qatar Airlines, you can carry these items on the plane. Following are the items in that category:
Small electric vehicles
You should also know that small vehicles that are powered by lithium batteries are not permitted in checked or cabin baggage. This is regardless of the watt-hour rating of the lithium battery in such devices. Some other examples of these vehicles are air wheels, solo wheels, hover boards, mini-Segway, and balance wheels.
Permitted with conditions
Besides all above restricted items you can carry these items in your checked or hand baggage:
- First of all, medical and toilet articles in small quantities may be carried.
- Sporting ammunition up to 5kg can be carried in checked baggage if they are properly boxed.
- But you need to contact your local Qatar Airways office for prior approval.
- Liquids, aerosols and gels may be carried in hand baggage in individual containers but not greater than 100 ml (or equivalent). These should be contained in one transparent re-sealable plastic bag of a capacity not exceeding 1 liter (or equivalent). The contents of the plastic bag should get fit comfortably and the bag must be completely closed. The size of the plastic bag should not exceed 20cm x 20cm (8 inches x 8 inches). Medications, baby milk/foods and special dietary requirements in the form of liquids or gels will be allowed.
- First of all, powder-like substances of 350 ml (12 Oz) or more are not allowed in cabin baggage and will be subject to further screening.
- Besides that, any powder-like substance above the allowed quantity must be placed in the checked baggage. Medically prescribed powder-like substances, baby formulas, human remains are free from these restrictions.
- Duty-free purchases of powder-like substance must be placed in a properly sealed Security Tamper Evident Bags (STEB).
Powders like substances are restricted in the following countries:
Australia: Passengers departing from an international airport in Australia. Also, applicable to customers bound to Canberra via Sydney, when flying with QR as customers will need to clear international transit security screening at Sydney.
New Zealand: Passengers departing from an international airport in New Zealand, including transfer passengers who pass through international screening points in New Zealand.
U.S: Passengers travelling to the U.S with Qatar Airways.