Airlines frequently change the schedules or delayed or canceled the flights for a number of reasons. But the cancellations happen in 2 ways:
- Cancellation by airline
- Cancellation by a traveler.
All these things depend on why and when you want to cancel your trip and what sort of ticket you bought. When the airlines cancel the flights then they offer the little compensation to the passengers.
But when travelers change or cancel their own reservations the airline charge the huge fees. If you want to cancel your booking, then follow the number of rules to cancel the trip in a safe way.
What Is JetBlue Airways Cancellation Policy?
Cancellations within 24 Hours
You may cancel your reservation within 24 hours from the time of original booking for a full refund to the original form of payment. JetBlue cancellation fee within 24 hours will not be applied to the customers.
According To Booking Terms And Conditions:
- All booking that is made within 1 week or more before the departure of flight are eligible to cancel up to 24 hours without any penalty.
- Cancellation is only for a JetBlue Flight Credit only, which is valid for a JetBlue Flight for 1 year.
- If you do not cancel the flight before the scheduled departure, then you seize all the money “for no show” for the reservation.
JetBlue canceled flights of all the customers and provide the following facilities:
- The customer will receive a full refund.
- And will provide the re-accommodation on the next available flight without any additional charge.
Customers are entitled to compensation if airline cancels a flight due to a controllable irregularity and alternate transportation within 1 hour is unavailable.
Notifications Of Delays, Cancellations, And Diversions
JetBlue will notify you if there is any delay, cancellation, and diversion occurs. The airline will send you the notification in the following form via the website, telephone, flight information display system, airport announcement, onboard announcement, and email or text message.
Cancellations By Traveler:
The customers have only 24 hours to cancel the reservation without being charged a cancellation fee. The already changed booking is not eligible for the refund and is subject to a cancellation fee, regardless of being within 24 hours of the original booking.
JetBlue offers several fare options
- Blue Plus
- Blue Plex
But the cancellation fee amount is different that is based on the fare option selected.
Cancellations Within Airline Control:
The passenger will either receive the full refund or re-accommodation on the next JetBlue flight if his/her flight is canceled by the airline. In this case, they will not charge any additional fee.
Cancellations Beyond Airline Control:
JetBlue waives fees for changes made to flights that were canceled based on impending storms.
JetBlue Flight Cancellation Policy Due Weather:
If a flight of the passenger is delayed due to a “controllable irregularity,” the passenger is entitled to compensation. The passengers whose flights are delayed for more than 3 hours, the airline will provide them free movies on flights.
Onboard Ground Delays:
The passengers who experience the onboard delay are entitled to compensation.
- The airline will provide 36 or more channels of DIRECTV, food, and drink, access to clean bathrooms, and, as necessary, medical treatment to the passengers.
- It will not permit the aircraft to remain on the tarmac for more than 3 hours unless it is required to do so for safety reasons.
JetBlue Compensation For Canceled Flights
The airline will provide the compensation in the following cases:
For Travel Booked Through Website:
- You will receive an email from JetBlue within 7 days of your scheduled departure of flight if your flight qualifies for compensation. This will happen automatically, and there is no need to contact JetBlue.
For Travel Not Booked Through Website:
- Please contact the airline representative within 7 days or more after your flight’s scheduled departure to inquire about potential compensation.
JetBlue Refund Policy
JetBlue Offers Two Types Of Fares:
- Nonrefundable Fare
- Refundable Fare
Nonrefundable Fares: The customers can cancel their flight before the scheduled departure flight through the website or by contacting them.
- The remaining balance will be placed on your credit card that you can use for future travel.
- If a nonrefundable ticket is not canceled before the departure of the flight, then you will lose all your money that is associated with the seat.
Refundable Fares: The passengers are permitted for the full refund before the departure of the scheduled flight.
- If a refundable reservation is not canceled before the departure of the scheduled flight, then all money associated with the reservation will be placed on your credit card.
- This fee can be used for 1 year from date of issuance. Refundable Fares may not be available on all flights.
The airlines’ credits are transferable and may be redeemed for 1 year after the date of issuance.
Refund Policy On Refundable Fares:
Refunds shall be made by JetBlue to the original form of payment. The refund will be made in the amount equal to the applicable one-way fare for the portion of the trip canceled or not operated by JetBlue.
Mixed Fares Policy:
When one fare is a refundable and another is a non-refundable fare then the applicable refund and cancellation policies for refundable fares will apply only to the refundable portion. While the applicable refund and cancellation policies for the non-refundable fare will apply to the non-refundable portion.
No Show Policy For Refundable:
In order to receive a refund, all customers must cancel their flight before the departure of the flight. If a customer “no shows” for a flight, then the money will be placed into your credit card for future travel within 1 year.
No Show Policy For Nonrefundable:
If the nonrefundable segment is not canceled before the departure, then you will lose all money associated with the segment.
Cancellations Policy For Refundable Tickets:
To receive the full refund customer can cancel the flight on refundable fares at any time before the departure of the scheduled flight. If the reservation is not canceled before the departure of the flight, then all money associated with the fare will be placed on the credit card. That money will be valid for future travel for up to 1 year from date of issuance.
JetBlue Manage Flights & Rebooking
Cancellations made online will require the confirmation number, last name, credit card number and the origin and destination cities.
Customers can go online to the ‘Manage Flights’ section to cancel the flight without fee or increase in fare if the airline has canceled the flight and a fee waiver has been issued.
Rebooking Of Flights:
If your flight is canceled by an airline for any reason, or if a fee waiver has been issued affecting your flight, you can rebook your travel without paying any fee under the ‘Manage flights’ section or by contacting the airline.
Please provide the following information:
- Confirmation number
- Flight number
- Dates of travel
- Traveler information (i.e. name, DOB, contact information, etc.)
Facilities Provided By Airline During Delay And Cancellation
Accommodation During Onboard Ground Delays:
JetBlue will provide the 36 or more channels of DIRECTV, food, and drink, access to clean restrooms and, medical treatment.
- JetBlue will return to the gate no later than 3 hours for domestic and 4 hours for international unless the Air Traffic Control or pilot advises that returning to the gate is safe.
Movies During Delays:
If a flight of the customers is delayed for more than 3 hours, then the airline will provide free movies to the customers that are longer than 2 hours.
In case if you are stuck at an airport and have a lot of time, then feel free to end the delay and cancellation. This blog will help you if your flight is canceled either by airline or you. So follow the above information to travel without exhaustion.