First class is a superior class on the plane that is more luxurious than business class, premium economy, and economy class. It is usually refer to a limited number of seats and placed in the front of the aircraft which have more space, comfort, and privacy.
Almost many passengers wondering about the difference between first and business class, But every airline has its own rule. In some airlines, there is no difference, but for others, first class is a step above business class.
First class seats are pricier than the other class and due to that; we have to pay thousands of dollars for a round trip. Here, are some legitimate tips on how to cut the cost of flying in the premium cabins.
Cost effective ways to get the seats:
1) Book the tickets in advance to get the cheaper fares: –
Subscribe to the airline newsletters and be the first one to know about their upcoming business class deals which are often released to their loyal subscribers.
- Be flexible with your travel dates and timing and book in advance to get the seats in cheaper fares.
- Many online booking engines have flexible date search tools which are very helpful to tracking down the lowest available fare over a seat for a period of time. Always choose the “lowest fare” option when you are doing an airfare search engine online.
2) Never book your seat near the departure day: –
- If you book your ticket too close to departure day, then you have to probably pay the full publish fare which can be very expensive.
- Generally, first class tickets are only bought by corporate travelers on business. So, book your seat near the departure day.
3) Avoid peak business travel days:-
Business travelers fly all week. The last thing they want to do is flying on the weekends. That’s why many people are not flying in business suites on Saturdays and Sunday mornings.
- Never try to book your seats on peak travel days like Monday and Friday.
- Saturday night is the best day for booking seats and stays to reduce the fare further.
4) Try to Flying through a hub connection: –
- It is often cheaper than flying on a non-stop flight.
- Good deals are available if you are booking overnight flights – those have comfortable first class seats and will help you to sleep better.
5) Check the fares of your flight online: –
- Before buying tickets, check the best price of your flight online with a number of major booking engines.
- Some online agents are biased towards a single distribution system so that you can cover all your bases by checking elsewhere. Check the price directly on the airline’s websites.
6) Contact your travel agent: –
Also, use a specialist first class consolidator who can access too many unpublished airfares for you that are not available anywhere. Generally, using a consolidator is optimal when booking around 4 to 8 weeks in advance.
7) Buy the Points: –
There are a number of websites that allow you to buy and sell points, but in some cases, major airlines do not allow it, and this can result you losing your miles or cannot purchasing tickets for miles.
So, purchase them directly from the airline but crunch the numbers before you purchase.
8) Get upgrades at Check-In: –
If you really want an upgrade on a seat, purchase an upgrade at check-in. If the seats are available on the plane for first class, airlines will offer them to you at a discounted rate during online check-in.
If you do not mind the gamble, ask the gate attendant what they are charging for the upgrade. It might be even cheaper than the reduced online rate.
9) Ask for the Open Seat: –
If there is an open first class seat, ask the flight attendant to change your seat. They always help if you are not comfortable with your seat. So, always ask the attendant when you first boarded the plane for the open seat.
And lastly, smile and ask politely if there is any chance of an upgrade. Be polite to the check in crew and you may just be rewarded with an upgrade.
It’s not going to be easy to get the cheap flight in lower cost. In most cases, you will have to pay something, but especially for longer flights. So, this article will provide you the cost effective ways to get the seats in lower cost and upgrades on seats.