You Can Save Plenty Of Time By Picking These SpiceJet Web Check-in Options!
When it comes to booking air tickets online, every airline has its own procedure to carry out. It let the passengers book their reservation without actually get stuck in the long queues of the airport. That means at the comfort of their house, they can purchase their tickets.
Here we are discussing the SpiceJet web check-in options. Plus, the details regarding their timing and other formalities are also discussed.
SpiceJet Check-in Options:
The easiest option available for check-in is the Web Check in. It is available to the customers 48 hours prior their scheduled flight.
For all Domestic Flights:
Passengers can easily avail the option of web check-in except for the flights from Jammu & Kashmir. It can be completed until 2 hours before scheduled flight departure. For Airport Security Check and reporting at the boarding gate, passengers need to reach at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
For International Flights:
Web Check-in for the international flights needs to be completed up to 3 hours before scheduled departure. All you need to do is to get the travel documents verified by SpiceJet staff and you will be given a fresh boarding card.
For international travel, passengers can select the seats of their own choice through the Web Check-in option. You have to report to the check-in counter at least 1 hour 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure instead of 3 hours.
Steps Regarding Web Check-in:
The following steps will guide you through the process of web check-in:
- Firstly, you need to log on to SpiceJet website or open the mobile app of SpiceJet on your Android or iPhone device.
- Here you will find the Web Check-in link; click on that.
- The terms & conditions menu will open in front of you, read and accept that and then click CONTINUE.
- Then you will need to select the Departing City and enter your PNR Number.
- After filling your details correctly, you will be prompt to select the number of passengers.
- Then after selecting the passengers, you will witness the seat map.
- After picking your desired seats, the screen will prompt you with the passenger detail and the seat number.
- Lastly, you can continue and confirm the process. The system will prompt you to print your boarding cards and customer copy.
OTHER DETAILS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
The passengers flying domestically have to use the online check-in service. Plus, you will also require carrying the print out of the issued boarding pass.
After completing all the web check-in formalities, Spice Jet baggage allowance will allow you to:
- Drop your check-in luggage at the designated area and head straight to the security counter.
- In case, you don’t have check-in bags, you can simply head out for the security check and board your flight.
There is a need for special service requirements in case of travelers like pregnant women, unaccompanied minors, and senior citizens. Otherwise, they are not qualified to use this service.
Talking about the web check in time, domestic travelers are required to reach the airport at least 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of the flight.
Few Exceptions Regarding Web Check-in:
SpiceJet online booking facility is not available for passengers departing from Jammu and Srinagar.
Passengers who are traveling in a group of 10 people or more, cannot book a reservation for all in a single attempt.
Special rules are attached to traveling of Indian armed force personnel and Defense bookings.
For student bookings, you need to follow the Student Discount Scheme.
Following passengers may need to follow special rules for using the web check-in service:
- Passengers traveling with infants.
- Passengers with special needs or reduced mobility.
- Passengers whose age is less than 12 years and traveling
The timings linked to the Airport check in is two hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time. You need to report between 1-2 hours prior to the scheduled flight departure time at the Airport.
You must be aware of the fact that the check-in counters for all our flights will close 45 minutes prior to flight departure. So the airline will not accept any guest reporting after the counters are closed. Any guest reporting after the stipulated counter closing time will be treated as a “no-show”. Plus, he/she will not get any refund against their one-way fare paid.
Does SpiceJet offer the online check-in service?
YES, the airline offers you the online check-in service where you can book your reservation, 2 to 48 hours before your flight departs.
What are the requirements for using web check-in option?
Talking about the requirements for web check-in, it includes following points:
- Passengers are not allowed to carry the checked baggage when using web check-in; all you can bring is one piece of carry-on baggage.
- Plus, you are not allowed to do any cancellations or modification after using web checked-in option.
- For those who are traveling with infants and require wheelchairs plus the unaccompanied minors, they are not allowed to use the web check-in facility.
- The service of web check-in is not available for flights from Jammu and Srinagar.
- If you are traveling a group of 9 or more people and want to check-in together than also you can’t avail this service.
Is Web check-in available in all cities?
SpiceJet offers the web check-in facility in all flights except originating from Jammu and Srinagar.
Can I use the web check-in option if I am traveling with 5 people?
YES, you can use this option in such situation. You can web check-in for at least 9 passengers at a time.
What should I do if I have lost my online boarding card?
If you are in such a situation, then click the same link of web check-in. here, the system automatically would identify that you have already checked in. This will provide you an option to once again print the boarding card.
Am I able to select my own seat through web check-in?
YES, SpiceJet seat selection option is available through which you can easily select the seat of your own choice at the time of web check-in. It is true that there are some seats which are blocked by the airline. So you can choose your preferred seat from the vacant one.
Is it possible to change my seat when checking in online?
YES, you can change the seat through the web check-in option.
What is the time linked to the check-in process at the airport?
SpiceJet recommends the passengers to arrive at the SpiceJet check-in counter at least two hours prior to departure time
Talking about the check-in procedure, it begins two hours before scheduled departure and closes 45 minutes prior to the departure time.
Is web check-in available at the time of booking?
YES, you can web check-in within 48 hours to 2 hours of scheduled flight departure. For corporate passengers, web check-in is available till 2 hours of flight departure from the time of booking.