One of the easiest ways to get all the perks in booking flight tickets is with travel rewards credit cards. Well, it may seem like a very fascinating thought, but it’s not the case every time and with everyone. If you are a loyal customer of an airline, then an airline-specific credit card would be a great option for you. After all, it gives you a good set of advantages and is indeed a perfect choice frequent fliers can ever make. Therefore, you must consider looking for the Best Travel Airlines Credit Card in 2023 for availing some fabulous offers and discounts.
If that doesn’t sound like a good deal to you, you can go with a more flexible options by applying for travel rewards credit card that offer you bonus rewards. In addition to this, this credit card will provide you with more flexible ways to redeem rewards. We can say that whether you are planning a trip a month before or catching a last-minute flight, budget offers are mostly available with airline credit cards. Let’s get some more details about this whole matter and all the available cards which can provide you a number of benefits whenever you travel by air.
Best Travel Airlines Credit Card In 2023
Before listing these credit cards here for you, it’s imperative for you to know the basics of airline credit cards and understand their use. You can also prevent their misuse in case they are stolen or misplaced. Hence, after learning more about them, you will be able to choose properly while applying for the credit card.
Airline Credit Card or Travel Rewards Card
Whenever we have to choose between two, we are always in a dilemma of choosing the best one and doing so is tedious unless we understand the advantages and the drawbacks of each one of them.
Well, we will tell you all the necessary details you should be aware of while choosing a travel credit card. Most passengers use these cards for booking cheap business class flights to India. After all, reward points can certainly help in getting the best discounts on all types of international flights.
Generally, there are two types of travel credit cards:
- Co-Branded Travel Credit Cards
- General Travel Credit Cards
Difference Between Co-Branded & General Travel Credit Cards
Co-Branded Credit Cards are partnership cards. In simple words, these cards are the result of a coalition between two brands. That is to say, one is the merchant which provides the logo and the other is the issuer which issues the card. The merchant or retailer can be a hotel or an airline while the issuer is a bank or a network. Therefore, the card has the names of both i.e. the provider and the issuer.
- Insight: American airlines issues credit cards through Citibank and MasterCard.
- While using the card, the rewards earned can only be redeemed with the specific airline or hotel.
- General Travel Cards are cards bearing the logo of the banks and the network (VISA or MasterCard).
- Insight: American Express is the issuer as well as the network, for this reason, there is a single logo on the card. Such cards can be used anywhere without any specifications provided that the credit cards are accepted there.
- The points can be redeemed anywhere while traveling and which helps lowering the overall expense. You can even earn miles for your future flight booking as well.
When To Use Co-Branded Travel Cards?
If you are a loyal customer of an airline and you book flights from the same place, every time for your trip, then this card is a perfect option for you. Besides that, if you are a frequent traveler, then your card can unlock perks like- free upgrades, priority boarding, etc.
When To Use A General Travel Card?
If you are more focused on saving your extra expenses and booking cheap flights from USA to India, then going for the general credit card is a good option. A Co-Branded card is known for earning airline miles and if you are experienced in using credit cards, you will end up getting more benefits than you can even imagine.
Which Travel Credit Card Is Better For You- A Co-Branded Or General Travel Card!
It all depends on your spending habits and preferences while booking flights from the USA to India. Besides that, it is absolutely necessary to understand that most of the co-branded cards do not have a transaction fees. They also offer surcharge waivers and getting one for you can definitely be a good financial decision.
Similarly, general travel cards can also offer some great benefits like earning reward points for you. This is perhaps mostly at the time when you are making travel or dining purchases for yourself. These rewards can further help you book cheap flight tickets and hotels as well. Remember, there is no good or bad card, however, choosing the Best Travel Airlines Credit Card in 2023 for you can be a tedious job.
Some Of The Best Airlines Credit Cards in 2023
We are segregating the co-branded cards depending on the different airlines. Let’s gather some information about each one of them.
United Airlines Co-Branded Cards
1. VISA is United’s gateway card- network partner. The welcome bonus is 10,000 airline miles after the spending $1000 in the first 3 months. Annual charges= $0.
Benefits– 3x miles on grocery shopping of $1500, 2x miles at gas stations and United purchase.
2. United explorer card- you can earn 40,000 travel miles after spending $2000 on purchase in the first 3 months. Annual fee is $95, however, the first year fee is waived off.
Benefits – 2x miles on restaurants, hotel and united purchase; 1x miles per dollar spent elsewhere.
3. United Business card- earns up to 60,000 bonus miles after purchase of $3000 in the first 3 months. Annual fees- $99, for the first year there will be no need to pay a fee.
Benefits– 2x miles on united purchase, local transits, restaurants, gas stations and 1x miles elsewhere.
4. United club infinite card- no introductory annual fee for the first year. After that, annual fee= $525.
Benefits– 4x miles on united purchase, 2x on all other travel and dining purchases.
5. United club business card- earns up to 50,000 miles after spending $3000 within the first 3 months. Annual fee=$450
Benefits- 2x miles on united purchase, 1.5x miles on all other purchases.
Delta Co-Branded Travel Cards
1. Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express (AMEX travel card)- earn 35,000 bonus travel miles after spending $1000 within the first three months. Annual fee is $99. Fee is waived off for the first 12 months.
Benefits- 20% discounts on inflight purchases, medallion qualifications dollar (MQDs) waiver after spending $25,000 in a year.
2. Delta sky miles platinum American express card- earn up to 40,000 bonus travel miles and 5,000 MQMs after spending $2000 within the first three months. Annual fee= $250.
Benefits- priority boarding, earn 10k MQMs at $25,000 spending in a calendar year. A companion certificate is provided each year upon renewal.
3. Delta SkyMiles reserve American express card (AMEX Travel card)- earn 40,000 miles on a purchase of $2000 within the first three months. Annual fee= $ 550.
Benefits– Delta sky club membership, lounge access, earns 15k MQMs at $30k, $60k, $90k in a calendar year.
4. Delta SkyMiles gold business American express card- earn 40,000 bonus miles with spending of $2000 in the first three months. Annual fee= $99, fee is waived off for the first year.
Benefits- first checked bag free on Delta flights and 20% discount on in flight purchase.
American Airlines Co-Branded Credit Cards
1. AAdvantage MileUp Card- 10,000 miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $500 in the first 90 days of the issuance of the card. Annual fees= $0.
Benefits– 2 American miles for every $1 spent at grocery stores, 1x elsewhere.
1. AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard- 60,000 bonus miles and a $99 companion ticket as a reward after purchasing within 90 days of card opening. Annual fee= $99.
Benefits– 2 American Airlines miles for every $1 spent on American airline purchase, 1x elsewhere.
2. Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite MasterCard- 50,000 miles after making a purchase of $2,500 within the first 3 months. Annual fees= $99. For the first year fee is waived off.
Benefits- 2 miles for every $1 spent on American airline purchase, 1x elsewhere.
3. AAdvantage aviator business MasterCard- 65,000 miles earned after spending $1000 in the first 90 days. Also 10,000 miles added when an employee card is used. Annual fee= $95.
Benefits– 2 American airlines miles on eligible purchase, telecom, car rentals etc. 1x elsewhere.
4. Citi business / AAdvantage platinum select MasterCard- 65,00 American Airlines Miles after spending $4000 within the first 3 months. Annual fee= 499. No fees for the first year.
Benefits- 2 American airline miles for every $1 spent on eligible American airlines purchase, car rentals and gas stations. 1x elsewhere.
5. Citi / AAdvantage executive world elite MasterCard- 50,000 miles after spending $5000 within the first 3 months. Annual fee= $450.
Benefits– 2 American airlines miles for every $1 spent on American airlines purchases, 1x elsewhere.
Also Read: Benefits of Credit Cards For Traveling
To put it another way, we can say that these are the best travel Airlines Credit Card in 2023 you can apply for. Perhaps they can lend you an advantage of booking discounted flights from the USA to India. It’s equally important to keep in mind that these cards are co-branded and can only be used for specific airlines. We have also listed some of the miscellaneous travels cards below in order to help you choose from an elaborate range of available options.
Miscellaneous Co-Branded Travel Credit Cards
1. Alaska Airlines Visa signature card- you can earn up to 30,000 bonus miles after spending $1000. Annual fees= $70, but free for the first year. It offers 3x miles for Alaska purchases, and 1 mile per dollar spent elsewhere. Round trip award flights to India on Air France bare 80,000 for economy class and 140,000 for business class.
2. Southwest rapid rewards premier credit card- 6,000 travel points after anniversary as a card member. Annual fee- $99. No foreign transaction fees, no seat restrictions, points never expire, 2 points for every $1 spent on Southwest purchase.
3. Lufthansa world elite MasterCard- 50,000 miles. Annual fees- $89. Earn 2 reward miles per $1 spent on miles and more ticket purchases. Business lounge vouchers as a complimentary reward.
4. British Airways visa signature card- earn up to 50,000 miles. Annual fee= $95. Earn 5 Avios for every $1 spent on British airways; earn 3 Avios on every hotel accommodation for 1 year. Earn 1 Avios on every other purchase.
5. JetBlue Plus card- earns 50,000 travel points after spending $1000 within the first three months. After spending $6000 in the first 12 months, extra 50,00o points will be added. In addition to that, 5000 bonus points on account anniversary. Annual fee= $99.
Note: It is observed that travel cards can be of great help in booking cheap USA to India flights and availing some fabulous discounts as well.
Pros Of Co-Branded Travel Cards
- Free checked bag.
- Free lounge access.
- Upgraded seats.
- Better insurance offers.
- In-flight discounts.
- Lost luggage insurance for trips.
- Free checked bag
Cons Of Co-Branded Travel Cards
- No flexibility.
- Rewards can only be redeemed for flights.
- No cash back offers.
- Travel points can’t be transferred.
- Points can’t be redeemed for other airlines.
Before applying for the co-branded cards, it’s important for you to- be familiar with the Airline’s alliance partners. Similarly, you should be aware of the reward point restrictions, and get all the details of the reward expiry policy. Therefore, before finalizing the card, ensure to get all the information and clear all your doubts beforehand.
Best General Travel Credit Cards
1. Chase sapphire preferred card- earn 60,000 bonus points for the purchase of $ 4,000 in the first 90 days. Annual fee=$95.
Benefits- Best travel card for the beginners.
2. The platinum card from American express- 75,000 membership rewards after spending $5000 in the first 6 months. Annual fee= $550.
Benefits- Great welcome deal.
3. Capital one venture rewards credit card- 60,000 bonus miles after spending $ 3000 in the first 3 months. Annual fee= $ 95.
Benefits- Best known for earning miles.
4. Capital one venture one rewards credit card- 2,000 bonus miles once you make a purchase of $500 within the first 3 months. Annual fee= $0.
Benefits- Considered due to the no annual fee policy.
Pros Of General Travel Cards
- Flexibility in redemption.
- Not limited to one airline.
- Cash back offers.
- Earning rewards on every spending.
Cons Of General Travel Cards
- Foreign transaction fees are applied.
- No loyalty bonuses.
With the help of this article, we have tried to provide every single piece of information related to the travel credit cards used to book flights from the USA to India. We hope this will help you decide according to your understanding and perception; which card is best suitable for you. One thing is fixed, that is to say, you will get hassle-free booking with travel credit cards whether it is co-branded or general. To conclude, we can say that we have made everything crystal clear regarding choosing the Best Travel Airlines Credit Card in 2023 for you.
Apart from that, if you want to score some amazing and affordable flight deals from USA or Canada to India, feel free to get in touch with us. Our travel platform is a one stop solution for all your travel related needs and requirements. We are available 24*7 to help and guide all our customers booking flights with us in an excellent manner. It’s all made possible with our earnest efforts to assist them book early and create an itinerary as well.
Similarly, there are countless options you can choose from as per your personal requirement. For example, you can book direct, non-stop and even connecting flights with us to any of your desired destination. This is obviously something that will ultimately ensure that you travel comfortably and in an absolutely hassle-free manner. See, we understand traveling internationally by air can sometimes give you a harrowing experience! But when you choose a travel partner who is known for remarkable services and excellent customer satisfaction, you can throw all your travel related concerns in the air. Call us or visit our booking section on our official website for a flawless flight booking experience. Team FlyDealFare.
Q1. How many types of travel cards are there?
Ans: 2 types of travel cards are there: co-branded credit cards and general credit cards.
Q2. Which card is best co-branded or general?
Ans: It totally depends on you and your spending habits. If you search for cheap flights from the USA to India, the general cards are the best for you; otherwise co-branded cards provide loyalty points as an extra feature.
Q3. What are different types of airline miles in which rewards are presented?
Ans: Different airlines reward travel miles and name it accordingly for example- delta airlines provides Medallion status, American airlines provides American airlines miles, British airline provides Avios.
Q4. Which card is better in terms of earning miles?
Ans: Co -branded travel cards are best if you want to earn more miles.
Q5. Which bank’s credit cards are best for travel?
Ans: Minneapolis based US bank is one of the largest banks to issue credit cards. You can use these cards for booking cheap flights or hotels.