American Express has announced that it will open a new Centurion Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in 2019. The addition of this lounge, American Express will give a total of 12 Centurion Lounges in its network. But, the LAX lounge is set to be largest one.
The Centurion Lounge is a premium airport lounge, which is for American Express Platinum Card Members and Centurion Members. These lounges are designed to provide all the amenities to the business and leisure travelers. Each lounge is designed to reflect the area in which it is located as well as meet the needs of the travelers.
At LAX, the new Centurion Lounge will be almost 14,000 square feet in size and will be located in the Tom Bradley International Terminal post-security. It will also be accessible to Terminals 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. The lounge will feature many amenities that are inspired by Los Angeles.
- The lounge will have specially crafted menus, along with premium wines and specialty cocktails.
- Popular dishes and drinks will also be featured.
- The lounge will have a significant amount of seating as well as high-speed Wi-Fi facility.
- A business area boasting enhanced workspaces and noise-buffering workstations will be available to guests, too.
- There will be luxe shower suites and well-stocked restrooms featuring designer toiletries for guests.
- There will also be a family room and a spa at the Centurion Lounge at LAZ.
The LAX lounge will have an enhanced tranquility area – a first for American Express. This area is designed with different lighting features to help those transitioning over time zones overcome jet lag. Other LAX specific amenities have not yet been disclosed. However, American Express always includes site-specific amenities to their lounges.
In addition to the LAX lounge, American Express also stated in its news release that the company will also open a Centurion Lounge at Denver International Airport and New York’s JFK Airport in 2019.