When you are traveling by air, it’s quite obvious that you want to reach your destination happily and safely. As air travel in contemporary times is one of the safest modes of travel it’s something that makes you feel secure about it. But there can be certain instances that may leave you feeling disgruntled. One such instance is when you arrive at your destination and your luggage doesn’t. It’s something that no passenger would want to encounter. So normally you get puzzled how to address this issue. We will guide you and surely it will help you find a concrete solution whenever you face this issue. If you’re traveling on American Airlines, you can always head to the lost baggage counter and report about your missing baggage.
You can also file a claim for reimbursement of your purchased products. So, don’t worry and let us discuss American Airlines reviews and baggage policy.
How Should You Report About Your Missing Baggage on American Airlines
When you learn about your missing baggage or it’s been mishandled, you should waste no time reporting it. So let’s get straight to the point and discuss what you should do in such circumstances.
- First of all, you should go find the airline’s lost baggage counter at the airport.
- Now as you have found the desk, tell the agents at the counter about your baggage and that it has not arrived as it was expected to.
- The next step would be to provide the agent with the bag tags copy you received when you checked in and let him verify the information.
- If the agent fails to give you an update on your baggage, immediately file a report for your missing baggage. Let the agent know about the exact details of your baggage, the size, color as well as about its material.
- Leave your local address with them and information on which you can be contacted. Don’t forget to take the American Airlines lost baggage contact number and reference file number.
- If your baggage has not arrived even after five days of your arrival you will need to fill a Passenger Property Questionnaire. You will be required to then send it to the American Airlines address within thirty days of when you lost your baggage.
What To Do in Case of Delayed Baggage?
- Most of the missing baggage cases are related to delayed baggage issues. You need to maintain your calm and it will definitely arrive within a couple of hours if that’s your case.
- When you report your missing baggage to the airline the agent will tell you after inquiring where your baggage was last scanned. It could take a couple of hours or sometimes a day or two to reach you and you’ll finally have it.
- When you report about it, it’s the responsibility of the airlines to deliver your baggage to you. Make sure that you leave your address so that the airlines can find where the baggage has to be delivered.
- Buy some necessary items for yourself at this time and don’t forget to keep all the receipts so that you can provide them at the time you seek compensation for the same.
- Keep tracking your baggage as it will update you of its claim status.
- If you fail to receive any updates on all the modes available, make a call to the customer service representative of the airlines and they will surely help you.
If the Case is Lost Baggage!
- Your baggage is classified as lost after 30 days or sometimes sooner.
- After it’s determined by the airlines you can file a claim for your lost baggage against the airlines.
- You will need to file again for this as now it’s a fact that your baggage is lost. Moreover this process is even more detailed.
- You will have to provide all the details and information along with a proper list of items that were in your baggage. You will also be required to furnish all the receipts of the items you bought during the period of your missing baggage.
What If Your Baggage is Damaged!
- In case you notice that your baggage has been damaged or you find the items inside it damaged you can file for a reimbursement for your suitcase’s price or the items as well.
- American Airlines damaged baggage claim policy mentions that you will need to provide the photographs and purchase receipts of the damaged goods or any other detail possible within seven days of receiving the baggage.
Baggage Claim Status
You can very easily get updates on your American Airline baggage claim using the airlines baggage tracking system. Do not forget to get information about the compensation policy as you file a report for your missing baggage.
Get to know about how much they can reimburse you and how. American Airlines permits reimbursement for all the necessary items while you’re away from your home and without your baggage.
Claim Reimbursement for Necessary Purchased Products
While your baggage is missing and you buy some necessary items for your use, you are eligible to file reimbursement claims for them. All you need to do is write a written complaint to the airline carrier within 21 days of when your baggage was delivered to you.
Don’t fail to file this complaint within the stipulated time period as after that it won’t be admitted.
For Direct Help Call American Airlines Baggage Claim Contact Number
If it’s too hard to access all these steps to claim your lost baggage you can straight away call the airline’s representatives. The concerned authority will definitely help you file your delayed baggage claim immediately.
You can contact these mentioned numbers 1-800-433-7300 or 1-1800-428-4322 and get direct assistance. So if you ever face this issue, this invaluable piece of information will definitely help you find a solution to this conundrum.
For more information and details about booking cheap flight tickets to India from USA or any other issue regarding your air travel you can always rely on Flydealfare. We have no peers when it’s about cheap flight tickets and holistically try to address all important issues our customers confront while traveling.