Want to know Airlines’ Baggage Weight Limits
When it comes to taking Flights to India from the USA, people need to follow a number of rules regarding stuff like baggage, check-in, cancellation, and more. Talking about the penalties, you can easily get rid of them if you exactly know the limits and allowances attached to it.
Baggage is divided into two portions: the cabin bags and the checked bags. Here we are discussing the weight limits attached to different airlines regarding baggage which will help save you from paying more.
Passengers flying in any flight of Air India from the US to India need to follow the following restrictions:
- On Carry-on baggage: Height x Length x Width = (55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm).
- On Checked baggage: The maximum weight attached to a single piece of baggage is 32 kg.
While traveling in a United flight, you need to get aware of the following stuff:
- Dimensions related to carry-on are 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm) when it comes to Carry-on baggage.
- And for checked baggage, it includes maximum dimensions of 62 inches or and 50 pounds as the maximum weight.
Delta Air Lines:
One of the best on-time carrier of US, Delta Airline has the following set of rules:
- The carry-on baggage must be within the size limits of 22″ x 14″ x 9″ or 56 x 35 x 23 cm.
- And the maximum dimensions of the baggage are 62 inches or 157 centimeters and 50 pounds is the maximum weight related to checked baggage.
Coming to the Middle Eastern Transit Points, Qatar Airways will let you avail the best flight deals to India and it has the following set of rules on baggage.
- Passengers can only carry one piece of the bag which should not exceed the total weight of 7 kg for carry-on baggage.
- For checked baggage, you can carry two pieces of weight 32 kg or 70 lb with a dimension of 158cm.
Other than Qatar Airways, there is Etihad Airways which has the following baggage rules:
- Carry-on baggage: Maximum dimensions are 115 cm & weight 7 kg.
- Checked baggage: Dimensions are 158cm (50 x 70 x 38cm) & weight 23 kg.
Emirates also has its own baggage limits like:
For Carry-on: The maximum dimensions are 22 x 15 x 8 inches and 15 lbs are the maximum weight.
For checked baggage: The maximum weight is 30 kg.