“RIDE HARD OR STAY HOME” is one standard quote amongst the motorheads. The recent COVID lockdown has made you stay at home, but once the lockdown is completed you are going to RIDE HARD. Most of you must have figured out the trail you are persisting to head out to as the lockdown concludes. If you are planning a visit from abroad craving to unleash your passion for riding here make sure to read the latest guidelines before booking flights to India.
One of the most courageous and bold road trips of your life story is due if you haven’t been to the Delhi-Ladakh course. They say it is not about the destination it is the journey that matters. You will perceive that en route from Delhi to Ladakh. From the thick jungle to the megacity, the picturesque changes as you pass the continuous farmlands exploring which you pierce the mountains. You will be astounded to know that this place is famous amongst newcomers as well. Hundreds of foreigners book their USA to India Flights to have this wondrous experience every year.
Here are the best route for you
- Route while going: Delhi–Srinagar–Kargil–Leh via Sonamarg and Zoji La (Total Distance – 1,200 km)
- Route while coming: Delhi–Manali–Keylong–Leh via Rohtang Pass and Gata Loops (Total Distance – 1,006 km)
- Top places to visit: Hairpin bends, Buddhist monasteries, clear views of the Milky Way.
- Best Time Ride: May to August
Alert: If you are planning this trip soon, skip visiting the Pangong Tso area, due to the current Indo–China border dispute.
- Chennai–Mahabalipuram–Pondicherry (151 km)
Riding in the mountains is another high, but have you experience going wild near the beach. If not add the famous East Coast Road (ECR) route to your list. You will be at peace as you move along the beautiful Bay of Bengal Coast. Even if you get exhausted, pull your breaks, look for a quiet beach(all of them are quiet) sit and relax on the sand or with a little sprinkle of cool seawater.
- The best path: Chennai–Mahabalipuram–Pondicherry
- Top Places to visit: Ocean games, Group of Rock-Cut Monuments of Mahabalipuram, French Quarters of Pondicherry
- Best time to ride is October to February
- West Coast
Here is one of the longest Bike ride trails for you, it will cover all your wishes from wandering along the hills to shores. From Mumbai to Kanyakumari via beaches of Gokarna, Mangaluru to the mountains of Western Ghats. This has to be on your bucket list as they are diverse stops to take a detour to, such as Alibaug, Lonavala–Khandala, Mahabaleshwar, and Lavasa.
- Take this route: Mumbai–Goa–Kochi–Kanyakumari via Karwar, Gokarna, Mangaluru, Kozhikode, Mararikulam, Kumarakom, Alappuzha and Thiruvananthapuram (Total Distance – 1,640 km)
- Top places to visit: Malabari food, beach sports, houseboat stay at Vembanad Lake, Kochi Fort, Vivekananda Rock Memorial, and spice plantations.
- Best time to ride is from July to February
- Golden Triangle –
Already been on trips to cliffs and shores? Lean yourself towards the art, the beauty, and fascinating heritage on the Golden Triangle tour. Delhi, Jaipur, and Agra, three of the most culturally and historically vibrant cities in India. From forts and appetizing food to vibrant markets and local performances, you would love to stop at every stop on the way. This trip is light on your pocket as it is budget-friendly.
- Take this route from Delhi to Jaipur: Delhi–Neemrana–Alwar–Jaipur (Total Distance: 280 km)
- Route for Delhi to Agra: Yamuna Expressway (233 km)
- Route for Jaipur to Agra: Jaipur–Bharatpur–Agra via Fatehpur Sikri (240 km)
- Top places to visit: Forts of Rajasthan, delicious Dhaba meals, luxurious accommodation, cultural performances, optional detours to Mathura–Vrindavan, Bhangarh, and Keoladeo National Park
- The best time to ride here is October to February
- Bengaluru to Coorg
Ride along the mountain and let cool breeze, fresh oxygen, and lush greenery take over your heart from Bengaluru to Coorg. This is the most excellent short trip you can cover with your bike buddies in your summer getaway amidst the Western Ghats. The sounds of endemic wildlife are going to accompany you throughout. Take a break from your city life and escape to this lovely urban route.
- Easiest Route: Bengaluru–Ramanagara–Mysore–Madikeri (250 km)
- Top places to Visit: Sholay Village, Tipu Sultan, coffee plantations, ancient Kodava culture, treehouse stays
- Best Time to ride here is October to May
- Ahmedabad to Kutch
Here it gets interesting, The more you explore on your ideal bike, the more you crave for a destination that is unique and culturally incredible. This route is not for those who are looking for adventure, it is for those who love peace riding along straight roads. The most important highlight of the Rann of Kutch is its huge, white, salt flats, also known as the Salt Desert. You must not be a science geek but choose to travel here on a full moon night and witness the grace of nature as the light reflects from the salt desert.
- Best Route: Ahmedabad–Bhuj–Kutch (400 km)
- Top places to visit: Salt marshes, regional wildlife, starry skies, optional tour of Dholavira
- Best time to ride here is October to February (during Rann Utsav)
- Jaipur to Ranthambore to Jaisalmer
Do you crave riding in desserts, sand-dunes, or the dense forest of Ranthambore? Here you go, pick this route. If you are looking for a weekend trip, restrict yourself to the Jaipur-Ranthambore trip. But if you have a few extra days to extend your tour go all the way to Jaisalmer. This is going to be one of the most memorable experiences you will have on your bike. Well, it is so popular that many people from abroad are waiting to book Flight To India as soon as the lockdown eases.
- Top Route: Jaipur–Dausa–Lalsot–Ranthambore (190 km) Further To Ajmer-Jodhpur-Jaisalmer
- Top places to Visit: Wildlife viewing, tent/camp stays, birding, Jeep safari, visit Ranthambore Fort
- Best time to ride here is October to March
- East Khasi Hills
East is as beautiful as any other corner in India, apart from a close-to-environment ride you are going to experience immense peace and a deep bond with nature. Enjoy the beautiful hills of Meghalaya in the East Khasi Hills as they are one of the most attractive and densest sceneries in India. Here you ride along flowing waterfalls and currents, people here are great conversationalists who will add more stories to your knowledge, and food that is different and delicious.
- Top Route: Guwahati–Shillong–Cherrapunji (148 km)
- Best places to visit: the lively buzz of Shillong, Mawsynram, Mawphlang, living root bridges, ethnic culture, folktales
- Best time to ride is from October to June
Covid alerts – Negative COVID-19 Test For All Air Passengers Arriving in The United States from India or vice versa is a must. The same guidelines apply to visitors coming from most of the countries, make sure to be updated accordingly.