How Revenge Traveling Impacted Air Travel
After two hectic and long boring years spent during the Covid-19 pandemic the greatest impact that any industry had to bear was that of travel and tourism. One crucial question that came up to the fore was “What is Revenge Traveling?” So many people who are travel aficionados were subjected to being locked up in their houses helplessly. Certainly the pandemic years slipped by as briskly as they had appeared. It somehow got some respite for people all over the world as getting out of the houses became easier and the ways for travel opened up. It’s very rightly said that “To travel is to live”. This adage really came to life and we all were more or less able to understand its meaning during these years of pandemic. And why would we not? We all cannot forget the ordeal we had to pass through over these years.
We will try to encapsulate “What is Revenge Traveling?”
Revenge traveling is when people and travelers rush to book their flights for their vacations and don’t bother much about the soaring flight prices. The respite people got from relaxing the Covid restrictions also gave them an opportunity to get out of their houses. It again gave them a reason to think out of the pending travel plans and manifest these plans. Certainly we could see people rushing to their desired destinations of travel which really got the heat going that led to skyrocketing flight prices.
Revenge Travel 2022
- According to the American daily “The Washington Post” it was reported that the hotels, restaurants and the travel industry got a formidable spike in the demand after the Covid -19 relented.
- The cost of flights kept soaring and took a surge of around 40% and that was not all. It’s likely to go a further 10% up in the coming few weeks.
- The experts have also anticipated that the flight prices for the international flights might spike up and would cost 10-15% more than the usual prices.
- What’s noticeable is that out of every 10 Americans, 9 of them are already planning and thinking about traveling this summer to their ideal preferred destinations. The data means that 85% of Americans are planning for their travel ambitions which were hampered in the last two long years.
- So we can see that this Revenge Travel is propitious for the aviation sector and it will surely enhance the prospects related to it.
- Another rise in prices that was expected came in the prices of jet fuel. It’s already gone up by 40% and in the coming time is expected to even go higher at around 75% which is an unprecedented scenario.
Airlines making the most of the benefits associated with “Revenge Traveling”
No doubt the aviation industry is having the time of their lives and is back to business after two dreary years of no work. It does not mean that it’s all going to be all good and easy for this sector. This brings its own challenge and the industry is confronted with the demand for a larger as well as productive work force as any loophole could have a negative impact that will not be conducive for the industry’s recovery.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is meant by “Revenge Travel” in the travel industry?
It means that people are choosing to travel as they book their flights despite the fact that the flight tickets are seeing a hefty increase in their prices. People are not shying away from grabbing the opportunity to travel after two long and dull years ensued by the pandemic.
2. How can you book the best and cheapest flight deals during this period of revenge travel?
With one of the most trusted and reliable travel platforms, FlyDealFare is where you can get the best and the cheapest deals on flight to India for you. If you are looking for and have made your travel plans already we recommend you to lose no time and fetch yourself the best deals through us as in the coming time the impact of revenge travel on the industry will surely be compelling.