Etihad Airways To Enhance Customer Experience Through Cloud Technology!
Etihad Airways has partnered with Farelogix Inc. to enhance its merchandising and distribution capabilities. Through cloud technology, the airline wants to improve the customer experience.
- The deployment of new generation technology from Farelogix will enable Etihad to provide unique, customized offers to its guests, and strengthen its position as the ‘airline of choice’.
- Etihad’s strategy will focus on broadening ancillary offerings to customers, allowing for more personalized travel options across all distribution channels.
- Etihad plans to implement FLX Merchandise, a cloud-based solution from Farelogix, to create personalized product and service propositions that increase customer satisfaction.
- As the industry’s leading merchandising engine, FLX Merchandise will enable Etihad to showcase optional products such as preferred seats, priority boarding, and other amenities that improve customers’ travel experience.
- In addition, the technology will provide greater flexibility and speed-to-market by introducing innovative new ancillary offers.
Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer Robin Kamark said, “Our vision is to provide guests with the widest choice. We are proud to partner with Farelogix, a recognized leader in airline commerce technology, to realize this vision. The new partnership will help us in the journey towards the airline’s digital transformation that focuses on delivering modern retail experiences to customers around the globe.”
In the near future Etihad plans to launch a full New Distribution Capability (NDC) enabled platform which will enable customers to visualize offerings through digital media such as images and videos, whether they are booking via travel agencies, meta-search engines, or other indirect channels.
Mr Kamark added, “It is crucial in today’s digital world that we continuously refine our services and utilizes progressive technology to elevate our customers travel experiences regardless of the channel they use to book. The solutions offered by Farelogix will allow us to take control of our offer, expand our distribution capabilities and drive product variation.”
CEO of Farelogix, Jim Davidson said, “Etihad has a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations with personalized offers and greater choice. Our partnership will enable them to do what they do best – delight their guests.”