We can say that traveling can be an exciting experience that opens doors to some new adventures. Therefore, giving an airline tickets as a gift to somewhere is a unique and thoughtful way to show some love to someone for whom you care. However, gifting plane tickets to someone’s favorite destination is a great idea. But knowing how to do it can sometimes be too tricky for you.
So, here we are going to explore how to give airline tickets as a gift. Additionally, you will get to know some simple tips for getting it right. Whether it’s just for a special occasion like a graduation, birthday, or anniversary, giving an airline ticket as a gift is sure to be a hit! In this blog, you will learn how you can buy cheap flight tickets for another person. Now, just move ahead with FlyDealFare and find out the best ways to buy air tickets with us.
Prerequisite for Buying Air Tickets for Others
In spite of the fact that airlines allow you to buy cheap flights on behalf of someone else, you would require some information. Usually, the information is basic personal details about the person.
- ID Details – You will need the identification details of the person. For example, a driving license or a state-issued identification card for domestic travel. Moreover you can also carry a passport number if required for international travel.
- Visa Application – Apart from the ID details of the person whom you wish to gift air tickets to, you would require a visa grant application from the country.
Now you know what you need to buy air tickets for someone else. But before you book cheap flight tickets to India, always make sure that all the documents are valid and genuine. In addition, you must also check the expiration date of the documents.
However, there is always one common mistake that frequently happens while booking flights for others is the name. In simple words, people generally book air tickets under their own names. But we suggest you not make this mistake because you are giving these tickets to someone. So, you have to book the tickets with the recipient’s name, not yours. Moreover, make sure to always spell the name of the receipt. Because even there is a minor mistake so that can put you in a situation where your family or friends have to abort the flight due to the name spelling mistake.
Can You Buy Someone Else Airline Ticket?
Yes, you can easily buy other people’s flight tickets as well. If you are purchasing tickets through an online booking site or through a travel agent, always make sure to enter the travellers name and other details exactly that is appear on their ID or passport. If you want to you can also help to know and include your gift recipient’s often flyer numbers and include that in any of your special requests if you may have.
Consider Any Restrictions and Buy the Right Type of Ticket
If you are purchasing tickets for someone else then it’s important to consider any rules or restrictions that may apply. For instance, some of the tickets may be non-transferable or non- refundable, so it’s important for you to read the fine print before you are making a purchase. However, Open-ended tickets will also provide more flexibility for passengers and can be cheaper than advanced tickets. Additionally, consider the type of ticket whether (i.e. economy, business class) to make sure that you are getting the best deal for your gift recipient. After all this is it will be consider as your best airline tickets as a gift.
Gifting Airline Miles
If you have airline miles or points then you can also gift them to someone else. Therefore, this option is considered as a great way to give the gift of travel without having to spend any penny of your money. Just, keep in your mind, though that each airline has its own rules and limitations for using miles. So be sure to double-check with your reward program on the website to learn more.
Things to Consider Before Gifting Flight Tickets
While buying airline tickets as a gift for someone else, maybe for your close ones from either the family or friends group, you need to keep certain things in your mind.
- Mode of Payment – Nowadays, almost all airlines offer a number of methods of payment. So, this means you can utilize your credit cards or other online payment methods such as UPI to lower the rates of air tickets. Therefore, this way you can buy the cheapest air ticket. However, you can also use travel points, frequent flier plans, or SkyMiles to minimize your air travel expenses.
- Basic Amenities – In case you are looking to book cheap air tickets then you must check if the airline offers basic amenities or not. For example, Wi-Fi, etc. in-flight meals. Furthermore, you must also check the luggage allowance, and other vital details to make the travel smooth for your loved ones.
- Return Flight Tickets – One common mistake that frequently happens in this scenario is that people book air tickets for the departure but frequently forget to buy return flight tickets. So, you have to take care that this will not happen again. Always check the travel dates and book round-trip flights in advance if you want a premium discount. In case the person is not sure about the return, you can choose one-way flights. However, you must avoid this, but if you do, check with the person you want to give air tickets to. Not to mention, you can also book your US to India flights at very reasonable prices with us.
Giving the gift of travel can be a meaningful and amazing way to show your loved ones that you care. Therefore, we hope that after going through the following tips and considering your recipient’s interests and preferences, you can give a travel gift that they will never forget. Apart from this, you will get the most amazing USA to India cheapest flights. Just call us, and we will be here to help you with all your flight queries.
Read More: Relaxing holiday destinations in India