Turkish Airlines is a carrier airline of Turkey and situated on the grounds of the Atatürk Airport in Yeşilköy, Bakırköy, and Istanbul. The airline flies over 280 airports in 110 countries in Asia, Europe, North America, Africa, South America, etc.
It is the world’s fourth-largest carrier when measured by the number of destinations served. It is a member of the Star Alliance and also has codeshare agreements with about 40 other airlines. They operate their carrier at the Istanbul Atatürk Airport (IST), Esenboğa International Airport (ESB) and Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (SAW).
Turkish Airlines has the 286 passenger aircraft and most are configured with Business Class and Economy Class cabins.
Turkish Airlines online Check-in:-
Turkish Airlines allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs.
- Online check-in is only available at the selected airports.
- At a time passengers can check in for a maximum of eight passengers.
- Online check-in is available for flights which are operated within 90 minutes to 24 hours.
You can complete the check-in formalities at the online check-in counters like displaying visa, passport and other security procedures. In case if online check-in counters are not available, business class counters can be used instead of that. Make sure that you reach on time at the airport to go through all security procedures.
Where have to check-in for bags?
- Passengers can check their luggage at the “baggage drop off point” or “online check-in desk”.
- The check-in closes 45 minutes before the departure time for international flights and 30 minutes before the departure time for domestic flights.
- Passengers without the baggage can directly proceed to the boarding gate with the printed boarding pass.
- During online check-in, passengers can view the seat map and choose an available seat according to their comfort zone.
- You can also have the right to change the seat number at check-in.
Turkish Airlines Baggage Policy: –
The Passenger can carry one checked bag and one personal item such as a handbag or laptop bag. But the assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. And your carry-on baggage must be fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Turkish airlines baggage allowance for carry-on and checked baggage: –
Carry-on Baggage: –
- And make sure that your all carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
- Put your carry-on into the overhead storage without assistance.
Checked Baggage: –
Turkish Airline In-flight Entertainment: –
Provide the global musical voyage: –
Music is one of the best ways to explore the world through the diversity. That’s why Turkish Airline joined the world’s leading music company to create special in-flight music platform that is My Music Planet. They have the collection of 750,000 songs as well as live concerts, backstage footage, and music charts.
For children: –
The in-flight entertainment system includes films, television programs, and games that are especially available for the children. The young passengers can enjoy non-stop entertainment throughout the journey. They also have the partnership with Disney and other film companies.
Dining Service: –
- They change their menus according to the season and prepare the dishes with the freshest ingredients.
- On some of the flights, meals are prepared by the flying chefs to ensure the finest quality of service.
In-flight offerings: –
For Business Class: –
- Turkish Airline served the “welcome drinks” before the flight. And after that offer the opportunity to discover a multitude tastes of Turkish cooking like Adana köfte, karnıyarık, mantı, and yaprak Sarma.
- On some flights, you can also enjoy the snack service, hot or cold breakfast and meal service.
- They also serve the soups and prepared and cooked food according to your wishes.
For Economy Class: –
- For passengers of Economy Class for domestic flights, they offer a menu of sandwiches, olive oil-based appetizers, and desserts.
- The dishes offered vary according to the departure time and length of the flight.
- Dishes are prepared with seasonal fresh ingredients and made according to personal preferences.
- They also have the choices on breakfast and meal. On some flights, they also offer the snack service.
Turkish Airline for infants:-
- Those children, who are the age of 2, are not required to have their own seat. They must have to travel with an infant.
- Lap children can only be held by passengers who are at least 15 years of age.
- Only one lap child is allowed per adult. If more than one infant is traveling who is under the age of 2, a seat will have to be purchased for the additional infant.
- You can also purchase a seat for your infant as long as you have the proper child restraint device.
- A ticket will have to be purchased for the infant who is over the age of 2.
- Lap children or infant are not allowed to sit in an exit row. The passengers in an exit row must be at least 15 years of age.
Turkish Airline for Minors: –
- The children who are traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be unaccompanied minors.
- Airlines provide a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
- The children who are 7-12 years old have to travel with an adult.
- Children ages 13-17 years are not required to travel as unaccompanied minors.
Turkish Airline for pets: –
Pets can travel in the passenger cabin. Pets that meet the following situations can travel in the passenger cabin:
- The kennel must be made of the full comfort zone and also so adjustable under the seat.
- Only dogs and cats are allowed.
- The animal carriage does not more than 45 x 35 x 23 cm.
- The weight of the animal with the kennel must not exceed 6 kg.
- Passengers must have the animal’s health certificates.
This article contains the Turkish Airlines rating, in-flight services, Baggage allowance, and other entertainment options. So, want to upgrade with the Turkish airlines’ facilities, read and make your trip with this airline.
Turkish Airline reviews: –
Very nice airline! Nice food and very nice staff. They are also very helpful. It was a nice flight plan almost to all over the world. I will gladly fly again with Turkish Airlines.
I am really enjoyed with an entertainment in the flight with my family everybody with them concern kids with cartoons my wife with movies and me watching live game in TV sport 24 like in your home for English primer league. The plane was Boeing 777-300ER and provides the delicious meals.
I schedule a flight with my family from Thessaloniki’s Airport to Kemal Ataturk Airport in Istanbul and then to Bilbao. From the airline informed us that we will have a free overnight in a 5* hotel that was very convenient. We arrived at 22:00 and the carried us by bus to the hotel. In the morning a minibus collect us from the hotel and drive us to the airport to catch our flight. The same happened on our return flight. The crew was very kind and helps us with everything we’ve asked. Lunch on the plane was delicious.