Sacramento International Airport is established in October 1967 and located in the California. It is run by the Sacramento County Airport System. Half of the airline travelers in SMF airport are carried by Southwest Airlines.
The fast low-cost carries about 4.6 million passengers each year. It has direct and nonstop flights throughout North America and more destinations as Mexico City. At the airport, there are also two runways that cover 6,000 acres.
The number of flights to Sacramento International comes in from destinations across the US like Denver, Phoenix, San Francisco, Charlotte, Chicago, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, San Jose, Houston, Washington, and Mexico, etc. SMF airport also has 323 daily commercial flights.
It is a small and efficient international airport with 2 terminals (A & B) and a nice variety of shopping and dining options. There are 2 departures concourses at both terminals and a separate International Arrivals building.
Both terminals are systematically laid out and have Check-in and Departures on the upper levels and Arrivals. There is also a Baggage Reclaims on the ground floor.
Various shopping, dining places, and services facilities are available.
The terminal B has been expanded and nowadays is 3 times bigger than the original terminal B. It has three different levels and an automated people mover.
- Level 1: There is baggage claim area and Ground Transportation.
- Level 2: It is ticketing Level.
- Level 3: It is APM Level.
|PARTICULARS||TERMINAL A||TERMINAL B|
|Gates||13 Gates, from A1 to A5 and from A10 to A17 located on the upper level.||19 Gates, from B4 to B12 and from B14 to B23.|
|Operated Airlines||· American
· United Airlines
You can enter into these lounges even if you are an economy class passenger. It is possible either by purchasing a lounge pass or by a membership program.
The Hotels near Sacramento airport are:
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento:
- It is 5 minutes far from the airport and has the free 24-hour airport shuttle.
- It also has an outdoor pool and rooms with a flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.
- Free Wi-Fi is also provided.
- Guests can get Drinks and snacks from the Pavilion Pantry for 24 hours.
Hampton Inn Sacramento Airport:
- It is 8 minutes far from the airport and has the free 24-hour airport shuttle.
- Guests can facilitate themselves with the free high-speed internet access and a daily continental breakfast.
- The fitness room and outdoor heated pool of hotel are great places for guests to relax after a long day.
Hawthorn Suites Sacramento:
- This hotel offers a free airport shuttle from Sacramento International Airport.
- A free continental breakfast is offered daily.
- Each room is featured with a flat-screen TV, microwave, seating area, refrigerator, a coffee maker, and bathroom.
- Guests can stay connected with the business center and free Wi-Fi.
Marriott Sacramento Airport Natomas:
- It is just a few minutes far from the Sacramento International Airport and offers all the comforts with daily complimentary hot breakfast buffet.
- It features an outdoor pool and on-site tennis courts.
- Accommodations with separate work areas and premium cable TV.
Super 8 Hotel:
- It is located near the Interstates 80 and 5 that is just on a short distance from Sacramento International Airport.
- It features with free Wi-Fi and Airport shuttle service is also available.
- It provides a continental breakfast and on-site free parking is also available.
Days Inn Sacramento Downtown:
- It is just located at a walking distance of the Sacramento River.
- The hotel offers free Wi-Fi and a continental breakfast.
- Guests can also use the indoor pool.
- Each guest room has a hairdryer, cable TV, microwave, mini-refrigerator, and coffee maker.
Sacramento Airport Bus:
Yolobus operates at the Sacramento airport. There are public bus routes like 42A, clockwise and 42B, counter-clockwise that links the airport with West Sacramento, downtown Sacramento, and Davis.
- Van Service: Super Shuttle Sacramento is the company that provides on-demand van service at SMF Airport. It serves its services to Sacramento, Yolo, El Dorado, Placer, Yuba, San Joaquin, Sutter, Solano, and Nevada counties. This service is available on the ground transportation areas and company also provide limousine and sedan service.
- Pure Luxury Transportation: This shuttle service is specially designed for those passengers who want to attend corporate events, weddings, etc.
- On-Demand Sacramento Airport Taxi Services: Uber, Wingz, and Lyft companies are authorized to operate at Sacramento airport. It also provides the shared ride.
- Paratransit and Med Star: These companies that provide the special service to those passengers who need it or due to disabilities. It is necessary to do a reservation 2 days before.
By Rentals Cars:
Car rental services and station are located in the rental car terminal that is a separate facility and connects to the airport terminals via free shuttle service.
- Rental car shuttles run every 10 minutes that is stopping at Terminal A and Terminal B.
- The various rental car agencies are Advantage, Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, Alamo, Budget, National, Thrifty, etc.
- Advance provides free transportation from the terminal to your particular nearby location.
AIRPORT WI-FI CONNECTION
Free Wi-Fi is also available at Sacramento Airport. Connect your device to the “FlySacramento” network and enjoy the other services. There is a number of internet stations are located in the terminals.
SACRAMENTO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT PARKING
All parking is worked according to first-come, first-served strategy. Reservations are not available.
There are numbers of parking lots are available and that are:
|Location||Closest to Terminal B||Nearby Terminals A & B|
|Shuttle Service||Not Available||Provided at 8-10 minute intervals||Provided at 15-20 minute intervals.|
Facilities Available At The Parking lot Area:
The airport provides free shuttle service at both terminals for 24 hours of the day. This shuttle service runs to and from the rental car terminal, the Economy Lot, and, the Daily Lot.
Dead Batteries/Lost Cars:
They assist you with the dead batteries or locating your vehicle in an airport lot or the garage.
The videos on airport parking are also available at the Sacramento International Airport. You can view them on YouTube channel of the Airport.
Persons with disabilities with a valid disabled license plate or placard may park in designated spaces in any lot at the posted rate.
Electrical vehicle (EV) charging stations: These stations are available in the parking garage, the Free Waiting Area, and the Daily Lot.
- There are 2 electrical vehicle charging stations are available on each floor of the garage, which is near the Terminal A elevators.
- There are also 4 chargers are available in the Daily Lot.
- There are 12 electrical vehicle charging stations available near the Terminal B elevators.
- There are 2 charging stations on floors 2, 3, 4 and 6 and 4 charging stations on the 5th floor.
Long Term Parking:
If you need to park for more than a day or two, then you have to pay for extended trips at SMF.
The vehicles, which are more than 21 feet long, are charged the double.
- Art in the Airport: Art exhibition displays are available on throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: There are 9 locations throughout the airport where you can find the cash machines.
- Baby Care Facilities: The rooms are available with comfortable seating, sink, and power outlets for babies and Women. It is located at the airside, which is just adjacent to the restrooms of women.
- Baggage Carts: SmarteCartes are available on a rental fee from vending machines in baggage claim. It is located at the terminal entrance doors and the parking garage.
- Currency Exchange: It is not available in the airport. The foreign currency exchange is a Travelex branch that is inside a Westamerica Bank in Sacramento.
- Duty-Free & Shopping: There are no duty-free shops available at Sacramento Airport. But several other shops are available in terminals A and B.
- Food & Drinks: There is the number of food concessions across the airport. It operates according to the schedules. It is open as early as 4:00 AM and closed by 9:00 PM.
- Information Desk: Information booths are available throughout the airport and are staffed by volunteers.
- Massages: To feel stress-free or want to melt away the stress there are 10, 15 and 30-minute massages available. It is located at the Terminal B, airside. The timing is between 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM (Sun-Fri) and 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM on Saturday.
- Quiet Room: It is located at the Terminal A, Landside, Upper Level.
This guide is for informational purpose to assist you with your planning trip. The information about the airport is based on information that is aware you about the airport’s lounges, hotels, and transportation providers.
SMF AIRPORT REVIEWS:
By Erin S.
At the airport, there are pretty good food options and a large cafeteria area if you are looking for a place to eat that doesn’t feel like hunching and stuffing your face, a couple cute shops/bars.
The best part is the travel anxiety therapy dog that comes around, though. It turns out that he’s trained to help people who are afraid of flying! How cool is that?!
By Colleen B.
It is clean and easy. I have family in northern CA so I can fly into SMF, SFO or OAK and I choose SMF. It’s out of the city, it’s easy to get to, it’s newer, it’s clean – it’s a keeper. Thank you!
By Amber K.
The Very best airport I’ve been to. It’s SO well set up and so very clean! You’d have no idea that this is an international airport. Every person I came in contact with was very friendly, especially this information guy. Some airports are an absolute nightmare, that I’ll go out of my way to not fly into, but Sacramento would be one that I’d gladly fly into.
By Airotciv L.
This airport is slightly less hectic and confusing than many others. It is clean and things transpire in an orderly fashion. Yes, there is free Wi-Fi and the employees are friendly, helpful and polite.
The PA system is loud enough and directives are clear. They did not lose my luggage and complimented me on it (smile).
They have all of the same merchants that other airports seem to have, but what earned them an entire additional star from this humble. Happy dance (with shoes on), safe home and four stars earned here.